paul poz--reason for concern? lb dilemma, need your feedback please!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
mjsully19 mjsully19
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

paul poz--reason for concern? lb dilemma, need your feedback please!

normally a tackling machine, poz's line for sunday was 1-3?! i drafted this guy real high in my idp league. meanwhile, dq jackson lit up the stats sheet at 10-1 and 2 sacks! i could not sit idly by while i watched him make play after play, so i picked him up as he was on the wire. however, here is my dilemma. we start 3lbs and have one on the bench. with my acquisition of dq jackson, i now need to drop one of the following: dj williams, woodley, poz, or clay matthews. i'm leaning towards either poz or dj williams based on poz's poor performance in wk1 and dj williams' injury status. thoughts?
painkiller painkiller
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: paul poz--reason for concern? lb dilemma, need your feedback please!

Clay Mathews is my least fave of that bunch, simply because he is used more as a pass rusher and doesn't get consistent tackle numbers. I would not be too concerned about Poz. He might wind up a bit down from his numbers last season, but he should still be a beast. He will be fighting a bit more this year for tackle opps, but he'll still get his share. Not sure what your '1-3' line meant, but in my league he was listed with 4 solos and a PD yesterday, so five points in our scoring system. Not great, but not shabby and it contributes..... Just like most offensive players are going to have down weeks, so too will the defensive studs. Going forward I'm expecting 6-9 points per week out of him, using our scoring.

painkiller
Bill Edwards Bill Edwards
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by mjsully19
First off great pick-up of Jackson, these are the kind of numbers he put up prior to his 2 pectoral injuries.

It would help to see how your scoring is, if it is not sack heavy, I would drop mathews as he does depends on sacks for his points. If it is sack heavy I would drop DJ Williams as Woodly will get his share of sacks too. DJ Williams i understand will be out for a few weeks. he was a tackling machine himself totaling 119tackles and 6 scaks last season.

If i had these guys on  my team and sacks are only worth 2 or 3 points i'd drop Mathews.

Hope this helps

Bill
Thanks Bill
mjsully19 mjsully19
Reply | Threaded
|

appreciate the feedback guys! however, my league is sack heavy, making my decision even more difficult. so no concern over poz? at this point i've narrowed it down to either poz or dj. i'd hate to see dj come back like a beast and poz to get hurt (as usual) or continute to put up minescule stat lines. dammit, i'm torn on this one!
Bill Edwards Bill Edwards
Reply | Threaded
|

Poz will get his tackles, it is a tough one between poz and DJ Williams. I may go with Poz because he is playing and healthy. Williams will be a beast again, I guess if you can stash a LB and want to carry a guy for a few weeks go with Williams, but if you need a player now to keep pace stay with Poz and keep your eye on the waiver wire. Hope this helps, I know this is a tough decision early in the season.
Thanks Bill