Zac Diles

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Anon Anon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Zac Diles

With the news that Cushing is moving to the middle, Kevin Bentley going to SLB, and Diles staying at the weakside, what do you see for Diles value going forward?  

Thanks,

Anon.
Anon Anon
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Zac Diles

Also, what do expect from DeAndre Levy this week and going forward?  I have been keeping my eye on him on the waiver wire in anticipation of him coming back.  He burned me in the one week he played this year (week 3), though it turns out that he was not completely healthy.  Wondering if he begins to produce consistent with his preseason expectations.  
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
|

You pretty much have the same question as me this week.  I've been keeping an eye on Levy as well and was thinking about grabbing him after his bye week if the Guru thinks he might be healthy and able to get on the field a lot.

I wanted to ask about Diles as well.  2 weeks ago I heard that the team wasn't set on Diles at MLB yet but Guru (correctly) advised me that he was in line to get it.  Well, now it looks like the coaches have waffled back to what I originally heard and are moving him out of the middle.

I'm curious as to what Guru thinks of his value now.  He's on my waiver wire.  I have Dansby but haven't been too impressed with his play lately (but he did improve a bit last week).  Should I keep an eye on Diles and grab him or is he pretty much out of the picture now that he's not the MLB anymore?

Thanks for your help!

Obi
My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

I was a bit surprised to see Cushing get moved to the middle. But he played all three linebacker positions in college so it makes sense in that regard. I still think Diles is a mid-to-low LB2 moving forward. He'll be a three down linebacker on a team with good tackle opportunity. I don't see much value with Bentley. I think Cushing's numbers remain relatively close to what we were expecting with perhaps a slight uptake in tackles at the sacrifice of some big plays.

I think Levy is fully healthy and I consider him a solid LB2 with LB1 potential.
Anon Anon
Reply | Threaded
|

Would you start Levy and/or Diles or do they need a week or so to show how they are going to be used?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Depends on how you are starting them over. I would probably start Diles over Levy this week as Levy may need a week or so to get up to playing speed and his matchup isn't the greatest.
Anon Anon
Reply | Threaded
|

We start 5 and I have:

Jerod Mayo
Donte Whitner
Karlos Dansby
Paris Lenon
Zac Diles
E.J. Henderson
Patrick Chung
DeAndre Levy

With Chung still hurting, Henderson not consistently reliable, and Levy still unproven, I am thinking:

Jerod Mayo (always solid)
Donte Whitner (bad week in reality in week 7, but a good week in terms of fantasy)
Karlos Dansby (solid week last week, hopefully he can sustain it against Cincinnati)
Paris Lenon (Gerald Hayes coming back this week, but hopefully that is a nonfactor)
Zac Diles (not given MLB job, but hopefully returns to pre-Cushing status now that Ryans is out)

What are your thoughts? Great job with the site.  Not sure how you find the time...........Keep it up.  

Thanks.
Anon.
Dave Larkin Dave Larkin
Reply | Threaded
|

If I had to start 5 out of the list you gave, they would be:

Jerod Mayo - I expect a lot of tackle opportunities for the Patriots this week as the Vikings lean heavily on AD.

E.J. Henderson - You can't sit him in this matchup against New England. It looks favourable on paper.

Karlos Dansby - Needs to keep up his form from last week, and should have plenty of opportunity against a run heavy Cincinnati offense

Donte Whitner - The Bills play on the road at Kansas City which last week gave a lot of tackle opportunities to both safeties for the Jaguars.

Zac Diles - If the previous game against the Colts is anything to go by, the Texans and Colts should keep it close in this divisional game and allow Diles to make plays against the run as well as the pass.
David Larkin: writer of the weekly publication "IDP Game Notes"
Find me on Twitter: @davlar87
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Anon
I agree with David.
Anon Anon
Reply | Threaded
|

Durant is available on our waiver wire.  Would you pick him up and start him over any of my guys noted above?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

No. I would stick with what you have.