Vontaze Burfict?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
WireHawk WireHawk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vontaze Burfict?

So for some reason in my league the All-Star caliber LB was still available two weeks ago on the wire, so I naturally picked him up and laughed at my opponents for being such suckers. Now I'm less sure. I know that in week 8 he was on limited snaps, but in week 9 he was limited to a lowly 3 tackles against a favorable Browns matchup. Did anyone watch that game and see him play? Is he bad now, or did he just have an unlucky week stat-wise? My starters are Jamie Collins and Sean Lee, and if neither of them can play I need someone to plug in
Primetime21 Primetime21
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Vontaze Burfict?

if you need an LB since it looks like both Lee and Collins might be out, I'd grab someone else, he looked ok health wise for most of the game just didn't play a bunch of snaps, Im sure you can cut and re-add him after the games this weekend.
WireHawk WireHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Yeah with both of his practices this week being limited I'm going assume he may be on limited snaps again on Monday. Next best available was Chad Greenway. Benching Burfict to start Chad Greenway just feel wrong, though
Eric Eric
Reply | Threaded
|

He injured the same knee that he had surgery during last game. To me, this is a serious health issue. He could end with IR again with another similar injury. At this point, plan B will be wise considering he is playing Monday night.
bretski bretski
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by WireHawk
This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I would avoid Burfict like the plague.  I put him in and out of my lineup at various times last season, and he continually disappointed.  He was an absolute beast in 2013, but since then, he just can't stay healthy.