classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Jeremiah Jeremiah
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Not the Beason and Berry!

Love the site Guru.

Early reports are saying that Beason could be out for the season with an Achilles tear. NOT cool..

Other reports are saying that Eric Berry's knee injury could be serious.

Of course, with my luck, I have both of these cats. This news is about the worst thing that could ever happen to me -- I'd actually rather gargle thumbtacks.

Any suggestions for early pick-ups at DB and LB? LG is 12 man with return yards, TFL, etc.

I'm dying here, any suggestions would be splendid.

- J
Bill Edwards Bill Edwards
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Not the Beason and Berry!

Do you have a list of free agents or waiver guys available? That would help us give you an idea of who to grab. Thomas Davis will see an increase with Beason out. So if you can grab him quick. Let us know who your targeting.
Thanks Bill
Jeremiah Jeremiah
Reply | Threaded
|

Thomas Davis was drafted.

LB's ---
Sean Lee (breakout year?)
Pat Angerer
Takeo Spikes
Quincy Black
Bart Scott

DB's/S ---
Lardaurius Webb (Return YDS)
Aqib Talib
Reggie Nelson (Bengals...)
Brian Dawkins (hes 100 years old)
Ronde Barber

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

-J
Bill Edwards Bill Edwards
Reply | Threaded
|

I like Sean Lee alot he looked real good last night and it looks like Pat Angerer will have alot of tackle chances with the Indy offense looking so bad and i think Bracket got beat up aliitle on sunday.

Webb looked strong with his 11 tackles. He's in a good situation with Baltimore likely to be up in games and teams throwing at them alot. Probably gonna get some garbage picks and passes defended.

If I had to grab a LB and a DB i'd grab Angerer and Webb.

Thanks Bill
EricOlinger EricOlinger
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Jeremiah
Don't forget about Dan Connor. He'll step back into the middle of Carolina's D. As a fellow Jon Beason owner in multiple leagues I was quick to grab Connor. I have also been all over Takeo Spikes this year. I don't want to contradict Bill, but I fear Angerer's numbers were inflated due to Houston grabbing such a large lead so soon and the continuing to cram t down there throats. That being said I would take Connor, Spikes, and then Angerer third. Of the DB list I like Nelson as a high tackle guy. But I have no experience in return yardage leagues so I'll defer to Bill on this one. Good luck, I hope we were able to help.
Mo Mo
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Jeremiah
im in the same situation with Berry n Beason.. Im goin to pick up Webb. My problem is i also have David Hawethorne and he didnt perform to hott. Im in a defense heavy league where PD F,FR,Sacks are all worth 5 points tackles worth 2 tack assist 1 and additional points for tackles for loss.

ii also need another lineman that can get me points here are my current starters D- P Chung D- E. Berry (replace with webb) DB-Y. Bell LB- Desmond Bishop and DL- Pierre Paul

here are the guys who scored over 24 points in my league this week who are still available i am thinkin of cutting Hawethorne and picking up another LB also thought about LEE.

Lardarius Webb
Joe Haden
Chris Houston
Sean Lee
Antoine Winfield
Reggie Nelson
Kroy Biermann
Daryl Washington
Darrelle Revis
Ryan Kerrigan
Parys Haralson
Sam Shields
Sean Jones
Sean Weatherspoon
Pat Angerer
Kenny Phillips
Jason McCourty
Greg Hardy

any suggestions would be great. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP THIS SITE IS AWESOME!
Jeremiah Jeremiah
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks fellas. Very helpful -- much appreciated.

- J