IDPs in a Keeper League

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Sarisin Sarisin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

IDPs in a Keeper League

I am in a quandary in several of the keeper leagues I play in. I those leagues (16 and 20 team) I can choose 2 and 4 keepers from last year. However, there is no designation which have to be IDP and which OFF - just a total 2 or 4.

Honestly, I am leaning towards not selecting any. I have some great IDPs (Reshad Jones, Chandler Jones, Ansah, Sean Lee, Harrison Smith just to name a few), but my problem is that I don't have any OFF players that are in the top 35 on most cheat sheets. My best two are Jordan Reed and Rothlisberger.

If I make some of those very good IDPs my keepers then I will start out in the 3rd or 5th round behind the 8ball on OFF. Scoring-wise like most leagues the OFF players tend to have more scoring setting in their favor than IDP.

So, what to do? Pick IDPs as keepers, pick Reed and/or Rothlisberger, or just skip the keepers and do a whole new draft?

Finally, I have to thank the Guru for his outstanding Draft Kit again this year. It is SOOOO worth the $5.99. As I said, I enjoy playing in the IDP leagues with huge rosters (up to 40 players) and many teams (16-20). What his draft listings enable me to do is pick almost exclusively OFF players (including Bench) before drafting any IDP players. I know the way the draft lists are set up (NFL.com) that rookies and guys that were injured last year will be almost off the board with their ranked number and no one will pick them. So, I just scoop up these recommended rookies, previously injured players and sleepers while other guys are getting the dregs while on AUTOPICK or just picking not very good players.

One request: Guru could you please update your rookie list? I think a lot of drafts are coming up (I have two this weekend) and there are players on your list (Bosa, Rankins, Lawson, etc.) that need to have their rankings re-evaluated due to injury, salary dispute, etc.  Thanks a lot and thanks for your draft kit again this year.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: IDPs in a Keeper League

Thanks for the kind words on the guide. I'll make some updates to the rookie spreadsheet this weekend. That part of the guide is looking at those players more in a long-term fashion, so the injuries won't affect their ranking as much as it would in a standard re-draft format.
Primetime21 Primetime21
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Sarisin
Sua Cravens---S? wait what?! he playing middle f*cking linebacker too?!!
Noah Spence--- should have been the #1 DE off the board, smoking the green pushed him down
R-The Freak Ndkinke from ARZ, too lazy to spell his name, kids gonna be a monster
Neal in ATL, bad D, good taking aggressive safety
Danielle Hunter/McKinney/Lauranitis/Geathers/Malcolm Brown/Breeland not rookies but great sleepers
Sarisin Sarisin
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for your tips, Primetime.

I like the 3 rookies you mentioned and find them not being drafted because of their listing on the NFL.com list.

Also, I should mention in addition to the IDP Guru Draft Kit I bought here for IDP, I signed up on Fantasy Pros (only deposited $10 into a Fan Duel account even though I'm not into the Daily Leagues). The thing I like about them is you can actually do a Mock Draft using all the settings from your league and the picks by the Auto are somewhat reasonable - although they IDP picks can be a little bad. But, the mock draft setup there is so much better than what is available on NFL.com, Yahoo, ESPN, etc.
Primetime21 Primetime21
Reply | Threaded
|

that is cool, I might sign up and do the same thing actually to do some Mocks with proper settings!