Cornerbacks?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Phids Phids
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cornerbacks?

Looking for advice on cornerbacks specifically, but rankings normally group dbs all together.  Anyone have any tips on breakout cbs this year?
IDPWiseGuy IDPWiseGuy
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cornerbacks?

http://idpwiseguy.com/rankings/idp-rookie-db-rankings
http://idpwiseguy.com/rankings/db-rankings

Some DB Rankings, CB's are a shit mix in general, I like Breeland is the elite CB and then it's more watch and see early on. I target a bad CB who's starter or an CB starting opposite a CB teams avoid.

Breeland, Trae Wayne, Worley, Alford, AJ Bouye, Peters, Trumain Johnson, Eli Apple for CBs

Shhhh BUT....

Joyner and Poyer are starting safeties and have CB eligibility.
Phids Phids
Reply | Threaded
|

Funny, but I remember that Breeland was listed as one of the top DBs in 2016, but then he fell far this year.  I picked him up in Round 17 in my IDP only draft on Yahoo last week on the off chance that he bounces back.

But here's my issue: the league starts 2 CBs, and in addition to Breeland, I have Logan Ryan.  I had Marcus Cooper, but I dropped him to pick up Vernon Hargreaves.  Now, I'm wondering if that was a mistake, or if I should pick Cooper back up (I'm thinking that the Chicago secondary will get decent tackle opportunities).  I would prefer to carry three CBs on my roster rather than four.  Not sure whether to keep Hargreaves, Cooper, or both.
IDPWiseGuy IDPWiseGuy
Reply | Threaded
|

I would keep Hargarves, he played well is an aggressive tackler which his coaches love. Ryan seems like a solid safe play as well, with Cooper I'm nervous, he should get tackle chances but might loss his spot later in the year.

I like any CBs playing opposite really good ones or guys who are bad and starting because they picked on.

I say 3, I often only hold 2 CBs in our 2 CB dynasty league since you can usually snatch a hot CB early in the year. weeks 1-3 I watch who is getting tackles and pounce.

Breeland is a locked in safe player which is rare, GREAT pick!

I have some waivers/dynasty grabs  tossed in here, have a look

http://idpwiseguy.com/waiver-wire
Andrew Andrew
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by IDPWiseGuy
Just picked up Joyner, unfortunately a week too late, ha!  What are your thoughts on Joyer vs. Logan Ryan (or any other CB for that matter) being that I can put Joyner in the CB slot in my Yahoo league?

Obviously, Joyner inst Corey Graham but did that two years ago with Graham and it was like taking candy from a baby -- having a top scoring S and great stat crew in the CB specific roster spot.  
IDPWiseGuy IDPWiseGuy
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Phids