2011 IDP Guru iPhone/iPad App Has Been Released!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2011 IDP Guru iPhone/iPad App Has Been Released!

My 2011 Fantasy Football IDP Draft Guide iPhone/iPad App has been released and it available for sale in the Apple App Store! After two days on the market, it is already ranked #22 overall within the sports app category! The best part: It's only $0.99!

This app is iPhone specific, BUT is a universal app so when you purchase it you get if for the iPad and the iPhone (two for one purchase). What a deal!

To purchase or for additional details visit here (or read below): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/2011-fantasy-football-idp/id458837112?mt=8&ls=1

The Fantasy Football IDP Draft Guide by The IDP Guru will make drafting your individual defensive players easy and painless. I have rankings for 150 individual defensive players (50 players at each of the three defensive fantasy positions: DL, LB, and DB) plus Team Defense rankings. I also have an IDP sleeper list! I have done extensive research to make sure this draft guide is as useful as possible. The sleek and simple design gets you straight to the information you're looking for and these rankings are updated daily.

Features:
- Rankings for defense by individual position (DL, LB, DB)
- Team Defense rankings
- LIVE SYNC so rankings are always up to date
- Mark players as drafted to MyTeam or unavailable
- Create a wish list ahead of time
- Detailed description on every player
- Injury, suspension, and bye week notation
- Reset button to make starting a new draft easier (unmark all players)
- Universal app works for both iPad and iPhone
- Use as you draft!

The app is only $0.99! Which is a great deal considering a typical fantasy magazine costs you upwards of $8 and they are out-of-date as soon as they are purchased. Plus, most of those magazines lack IDP rankings and if they do have rankings they are either poorly done or only list the top 20 or so players at each position.

With my app, you are getting continually updated, detailed information on 150 defensive player rankings plus a Sleeper List.

Customer Testimony:

"The 2011 edition of last year's awesome draft guide is finally here! For those who haven't been following the guru, he knows his stuff. I love the new features on this version, and assuming the content is as rock solid as last year, I look forward to dominating my league." - MaulerBaller
Perry Perry
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2011 IDP Guru iPhone/iPad App Has Been Released!

just purchased and I am having issues with selecting player categories and selecting my team.

Bugs need fixing ASAP!

Thanks
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Hey Perry:

I've forwarded along your message to my developers and will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks for letting me know about the issue.

- Ryan
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

My developer said to update to the latest version for your iPod, iPad or iPhone as far as the operating system.

Then try it.  That is not an issue with the app.

- Ryan

Geoffrey Geoffrey
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by theidpguru
Nice app!  Very convenient and great information for $.99.

One suggestion with the design...

I use the app to get your analysis.  That said when I click a players name it would be better from a usability standpoint if I was presented with the latest analysis right away rather than having to navigate into the "expert notes" subsection.    I click a player, read your analysis, and then have the option to perform some action (i.e. add favorite, my team, rank, etc.).  Just some thoughts, FWIW.  

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work.  Keep it up!
Perry Perry
Reply | Threaded
|

Just got home from a 5 day business trip. Deleted app on my iPad and downloaded again.

Same issue

I am unable to select IDP player positions...LB, DL etc.

Info only shows players in "all" tab...unable to select list for only DE players, etc.

Perry
Perry Perry
Reply | Threaded
|

Tabs work on left side of the screen BUT on the top left corner there is a white lettered word "successfully" over brown background.  I am unable to select the tabs to the right of that word...DEF, LB, DB, DL.

I am assuming I should be able to select each tab and separate player list should populate?

Perry
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for letting me know Perry. I will forward these comments onto the developer and get it fixed ASAP. I will let you know when the updates/fixes have been applied.

theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Geoffrey
Hey Geoffrey:

I totally agree. This chance will be on next year's application. Thanks for the feedback!

- Ryan
ron ron
Reply | Threaded
|

when will the 2011 version of the app be available?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

We plan on likely submitting the app to Apple sometime later this week and if all goes well, it will be available for sale later this month.
cook2199 cook2199
Reply | Threaded
|

just bought mine for my iphone this morning! great content!
Sarisin Sarisin
Reply | Threaded
|

I got this yesterday and used it for three drafts so far.

PRO. Much better than using the printed sheets I was fumbling around with from the Guide. It is definitely current and I really like the narrative on many of the players. It helped me make decisions better. Also, the various icons (Sleeper, Rookie, etc) are good.

CON. Really hard to keep up sometimes especially when bots are drafting for managers who didn't show up for the draft. I gave up using the app in one league that allowed only 30 secs between picks. Two things I would like to see in the app:

1. A better way of marking players drafted. I used an Ipad and don't have huge fingers and I kept calling up another screen instead of marking a player drafted by hitting the SMALL circle next to the player's name.

2. A reset feature. Maybe there is one I couldn't find, but to get ready for my next draft I had to go through and hit all those small circles TWICE to make them draftable in the next draft.

In all, for 99 cents a real no-brainer purchase. I did pay $5.00 for the NFL draft cheatsheet and found it to be rather useless.
Sarisin Sarisin
Reply | Threaded
|

As I mentioned before this app helped me a lot with most of my drafts (those that had ridiculous draft times between picks like 15 secs, I couldn't keep up).

My question is, did I read somewhere that this app will continue to be updated with new rankings such as the weekly IDP picks? Or, was this app strictly for the drafts?

Thank you
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

The draft app will not be updated once the season starts. However, I will have another app (which will be free) that will be releasing shortly that has all the weekly IDP rankings.
bobbysf bobbysf
Reply | Threaded
|

Android app in near future?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Working on it for next season.