new IDP league questions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Drezzle Drezzle
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

new IDP league questions

i have run a league with mostly the same 10-12 people for a few years now and i finally got enough on board to do IDP.  i was going to start out doing 2 DL, 2 LB, and 2 DB and add 3 bench spots. full roster list below.  scoring is set for big play (1pt per .5 tackle). offensive scoring is nearly standard, no PPR, but we give 6 for thrown TDs.

the question is, in a 12 team league, is this a good starting point or is it too much?  i was guessing that doing 2 of each type would help eliminate people mostly taking LBs.  i really want to continue on with this, and i want my league to enjoy it and come out next season wanting more.

proposed rosters, 12 teams
1 QB
3 WR
2 RB
1 TE
1 K
1 DEF
2 DL
2 LB
2 DB
9 Bench (was 6, added 3 spots for IDP)
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: new IDP league questions

Just as a side point, I don't see the need to have a team defense and IDP. I would personally eliminate the team defense and replace it with a flex spot (RB, WR, or TE of your choice). Otherwise, I think this is a very good starting point. I personally prefer balanced-scoring systems for IDP as I think they are more fair (big-plays are very hard to predict and are therefore quite lucky). Good luck with your league!
Drezzle Drezzle
Reply | Threaded
|

very appreciative of the input.  i thought i read something about keeping team defense with IDP, though im not sure where.  it was difficult to find any kind of default standard options so i will definitely make this adjustment.  seemed a little odd to have both, but we get conditioned to our DEF in the noob leagues, you know?

looks like im on the right track with the roster. but being new, ill go ahead and ask the scoring question as well.
looking closer at my scoring, i think what i have is pretty balanced, and not actually big play.  what do you think?

solo - 2
assist - 1
sack - 2
int - 3
fumble force/rec - 2
td - 6
safety - 2
pass def - 1
block kick - 2

i take pride in keeping my league fun and competitive, but dont to it blindly.  your site has been an excellent resource.  ill make sure to send my league-mates here as well. thanks again!
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for the kind words Drezzle. A good way to determine what type of scoring system you are imposing is looking at the sack to solo tackle ratio. The breakdown is as follows:

>2.5 = Big-Play Heavy
2.5 = Balanced
<2.5 = Tackle-Heavy

Looking at your current scoring system your ratio is 1 (2/2) which is heavily slanted towards being tackle-heavy. I would increase the points awarded for a sack. Otherwise, the majority of defensive ends won't have much value. In fact, DTs may have more fantasy value than DEs since they often times have higher tackle numbers. I would increase your sacks to 4 or 5 points. I would also increase your interceptions to 4 or 5 points as well.  
Drezzle Drezzle
Reply | Threaded
|

Five Star Service

Thanks!