classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Tommytwosix Tommytwosix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

lb help

Hey Guru,

Just discovered your site and am very impressed. I love IDP and it is great to have a site that helps you out.

My question is who I should drop and pick-up for my 3rd lb. i had a pretty bad draft, but I hope I can make it up with some great pick-ups.

the scoring is
Tackle Solo 2.5
Tackle Assist 1
Sack 5
Interception 5
Fumble Force 5
Fumble Recovery 2.5
Defensive Touchdown 10
Pass Defended 1

my team is

lb - Von Miller
lb2 - Rey maualuga
lb 3 - kevin burnett
db - roman harper
db- antione winfield

I like Von and Rey, but am thinking of dropping burnett for one of the following who are available on FA

1. Daryl Washington (top runner as i like his situation alot)
2. Nick Barnett (love where he is, but the amount lbs on the squad scare me)
3. E.J henderson
4 Casey Matthews

Any help is appreciated and keep up the good work.
Bill Edwards Bill Edwards
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: lb help

From your list of free agents i like either Henderson or Mathews.

I know there is alot of talk of Mathews getting benched so grab him at a risk but if he does keep the #1 MLB job, playing behind that  defensive line with the secondary he has behind him, i think good things are in his future.

As far as Henderson he had 106 total tackles last year and 3 INTs. He is a Solid #2/3 LB.

Bill
Thanks Bill
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Tommytwosix
I disagree slightly with Bill on this one. I think Barnett is the player to pick up here. He's taking over perhaps the most fantasy rich position in the league and he has experience playing in both the 4-3 and 3-4, so even if Buffalo continues with the 4-3 looks, Barnett will be fine. Washington would be my next selection. Expect big numbers from him now that he's the every-down WILB in Arizona.
EricOlinger EricOlinger
Reply | Threaded
|

I also have to disagree with Bill here. I think Barnett and Washington are the 1a and 1b choices here. I love Washington this year. Taking Matthews here could cost you a shot at one of these other 2 guys. I don't believe he has what it takes to play MLB in Philly at this stage of his career. I think they eventually move Jamar Chainey back to the Middle. I do agree with Bill's assessment of Henderson though. I just feel the other 2 guys will out perform those numbers.
Tommytwosix Tommytwosix
Reply | Threaded
|

Thank for all your help guys. It is really appreciated and keep up the great work