Weatherspoon - like his attitude seems like a hitting machine
Bishop - something about him -- he seems a little slow to me
Cushing - also plays like a mad man - not sure about the 3-4 defense with him
Angerer - not liking him playing strongside
D. Johnson --  puts up decent numbers - great in psass coverage
Hawthorne - might be the MLB if Tatupa does not restructure his deal

DB - need one

Malcom Jenkins - leaning toward the younger saftey -
Bernard Pollard - bad year for him last year - not sure he remain starter if he continues getting burnt

thanks for your opinion -- whodat
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: keepers

I would keep the following two linebackers:

1) Hawthorne: He's probably the riskiest selection of the group, but now the Tatupu is gone, he's going to be the every-down MLB and could easily put up top 10 numbers.

2) Bishop - I actually like Bishop. The Packers thought highly enough of him to not re-sign Barnett or any other free agent linebacker to take his place. He was a top 10 linebacker last year and I see no reason why he can't be this year.

*Derrick Johnson would be my next choice.

For the DBs, I would probably go with Jenkins.

If Pollard lands somewhere as a starting in-the-box safety, he's got real good value. It's just hard to tell where he'll land and if anyone is willing to start him.
whodat whodat
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for your advice on LB-DBs --

Now I got a tough decision to make in a keeper league ?
Points -- 2 tackle - 1/2 assist - 4 sack - 4 INT - 2 FF - 2 FR

Charles Johnson - Really like how he puts up superb tackle numbers from the D-Line .  Now that hes got that big money deal I am not sure if he will play with that high motor like last year. But I like the fact that the panthers suck and he will play a lot of snaps.

JPP - Well the freak just retired (Randy Moss ) - well this guy must be the freak's little big brother -- IF Osi really leaves which I doubt -- JPP can put sick numbers for next decade.    

What would the IDP guru do ?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

I would go with Charles Johnson. He put up great numbers in limited playing time last year. I expect him to put up top 10 numbers this year. JPP is still very raw and is probably a couple of years away from hitting is stride.