bishop value this season and beyond

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
vatch vatch
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bishop value this season and beyond

i've read the game logs and your every-down lb articles...always great stuff.

both seem to hint that bishop might start to work into nickle & dime packages even with chillar healthy.

when he is on the field, he is a beast.  i'm just trying to gauge how much he will be on the field before i accept a possible trade.

i have rodgers & jennings (& bishop) on a bye this week.

i have been offered big ben & mike wallace for bishop and m.williams (tb).

i do have randy moss and my other LB are vilma, briggs, & bradley ( we start 3).  i really would like to add big ben & wallace...they both could help me win this week & stay in the playoff hunt, but i don't want to give up bishop if he is going to keep gaining speed.

do you think my other LB can get me through the season?  would you let bishop go?  i'm still undecided.  thanks as always
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bishop value this season and beyond

I think Bishop's production is likely to remain consistent with what it has been. It looks like he may hold off Chillar for most of the nickel snaps as Chillar was only replacing Bishop last week in the most obvious of passing situations. Bishop's dynasty value is a bit harder to determine, but I would assume he lands a starting spot somewhere. In my opinion, he's played better than Barnett so far this season.

Vilma is on bye this week. So if you trade Bishop you would be left with two linebackers.

Even though Big Ben has a good matchup this week against NE, their passing defense has gotten better over the last couple of weeks and Big Ben is going to be without his starting LT. I think New England wins this game and Big Ben puts up decent but not spectacular numbers.

A lot of this depends on who you have for backups at QB. If you have someone decent to plug in, I wouldn't do the trade.