Workin the WW

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Joe Divola Joe Divola
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Workin the WW

Im in a 10 team 16 man keeper league(2 rookies)
Scoring for IDP is 1 pt per tackle and 1 pt per 2 assisted tackles-3 pts for a FF and 1 pt for a FR-4 pts a sack-1 pt per PD-4 pts per INT
I start 1 DL/1LB/1DB and 1 flex(DL/LB/DB)

We converted to IDP this year after running with DST for the last 3(thank goodness).  We did a separate O and IDP draft and I traded away my 1st,3rd,4th, and 5th round IDP picks to gain O picks...I was hoping to get some good value picks later on and think that I did...

My IDP:
Cole
Posluszny/Mayo/D. Washington/S Tulloch/S Weatherspoon
Tillman/Babineaux

So my options for each position are
DL:Calais Camplbell-Everette Brown-Odom-Long
LB:Bradley-EJ Henderson-Suggs-Orakpo-Hawthorne-Hayes
DB:Coleman-Winfield-Merriweather-Chung-Burnett

I am looking at possibly cutting 3 guys on my roster 1. Antonio Bryant 2.Babineaux 3.Weatherspoon(not a fan of him on the strong side for IDP), so I am leaning towards picking up Campbell, Bradley, and Coleman.  Do you think that this would strengthen my team or would it not make much difference in the long run.  I am also considering dropping Tillman as the Bears might be a mess in general this year and picking up Winfield.....any thoughts would be appreciated.  
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Workin the WW

I would roll with Stewart Bradley over Weatherspoon. Both Washington and Weatherspoon are going to be solid IDPs in future years but have quite a few obstacles to overcome this season to be better than Stewart Bradley. I think Washington will eventually become a LB1 with Weatherspoon being an LB2. I see Bradley currently as a LB2 and therefore you're really not losing anything by dropping Weatherspoon in favor of Bradley. Suggs could be worth a hard look as well in your league since it rewards quite heavily for sacks.

I would drop Jordan Babineaux for sure. Lawyer Milloy is currently the starter and I would expect him to garner most of the playing time as he is quite familiar with Pete Carrol's system and brings a veteran presence to the team.

I think Patrick Chung has the potential to be a DB1 this season. He will be playing the same type of role Rodney Harrison during his time under Romeo Crennel's scheme. He's going to rack up a ton of tackles and probably a few sacks and picks. There is some risk with his pick though as he could head to the bench if he plays poorly. I think he's well worth the risk though.

Erik Coleman is a top 20 DB is tackle-heavy leagues but he may not be as valuable in your scoring system due to it's big-play slant.

Winfield is a safe selection and I see him putting up fairly similar numbers to Tillman. They are both good tackling cornerbacks in a cover-2 laden defensive scheme. I have Winfield ranked a little bit higher however since Tillman got moved to RCB and may see less action.

Hopefully this helps!
Joe Divola Joe Divola
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Workin the WW

thanks for the quick response....

I have been going back and forth between Chung and Coleman to replace Babineaux for the last couple of weeks now and didn't want being a Pats fan to influence my decision hehe.  I am gonna need another DL to sub in for Cole on his bye week....I know I could just go by your rankings...but scoring and current rosters make it a little harder for people to do that...at least me anyways...I'm leaning towards Campbell as I doubt almost no one in my league knows who Everette Brown is