Who to start/pick-up

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
kidklone03 kidklone03
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Who to start/pick-up

Hey guys, I'm new here but love the information on this site. I'm in a league where we start 2 IDP guys regardless of position (1pt TK, 0.5pt, ATK, 5pt sack, 6pt INT,1pt PDef, 1 pt FF). Most of the people in the league start the big name guys regardless of how well they help in fantasy which is why I love this site. Have a dilemma this week:

Pick two to start this week: Kam Chancellor, D'Qwell Jackson or Justin Tuck

Would you pick up any of these guys off waivers and drop one of the three I have already based on expected performance for the rest of the season? I'm just listing a few guys who seem to be good weekly performers based on my league's scoring system: Sean Lee, Morgan Burnett, Pat Angerer, Patrick Peterson, Jason Pierre-Paul, Sean Weatherspoon, Lardarius Webb.... If anyone can think of other guys I'm not listing, let me know and I'll see if they're available. Thanks for the help.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Who to start/pick-up

This scoring system is heavily slanted towards big plays, so with that said, I would recommend dropping Chancellor and Tuck and picking up JPP and Morgan Burnett. Keep Jackson as he is not only a good tackler but rushes the QB on occassion and gets sacks. Tuck is injured and not playing at 100% that's why I recommend dropping him.
kidklone03 kidklone03
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for the reply. I agree that its weighted heavily for big plays. Its like that offensively as well. They do give bonus points at 5 and 10 tackless so there are other incentives for guys that just rack up tackles. Chancellor has been good with that so far and I figured that any PDef or INT would be gravy. Tuck seemed too good to pass up in the draft with his sack potential but I'm not sure about this neck problem. My other problem is this league charges $5 per transaction so I try to limit who I pick up. Is your recommendation of JPP and Burnett based on big play ability or overall consistency? Thanks.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

I own Chancellor in a lot of leagues, but he's not a big play guy. He's a tackler. Burnett gives you a good mixture of tackles and big plays. JPP is playing out of his mind right now and I'm worried about Tuck's neck as well.
kidklone03 kidklone03
Reply | Threaded
|

You're the guru. I'll take the advice. Do you worry about JPP's production after Osi comes back or does that not affect him? Would you start both of those guys over D'Qwell this week?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

No. Tuck is hurt and Osi seems to still be dealing with injury issues of his own. Through three games, JPP has been one of the most productive DEs in the league and has held up much better against the run than expected. I wouldn't bench Jackson even though your scoring system is slanted towards big plays.