classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Shane Thompson Shane Thompson
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Week 6 Roster -- League Scoring Heavily in Favor of IDPs

Hello, Guru,

You pointed me in the right direction the other day when I asked about Shaun Phillips of Denver.  Now, I have a conundrum about who to possibly sit to allow him to play -- or should I even play him at all?

This particular league is skewed much more in the defensive players' favor -- even the best offensive players don't get rewarded equally to the D.  It's a 14-team league with scoring for IDPs as follows:

Sacks:  10 points
Interceptions:  7 points
Fumbles Recovered:  5 points
Fumbles Forced:  3 points
Safeties:  2 points
Touchdowns:  7 points
Blocked Kicks:  3 points
Kickoff and Punt Return Yards:  1 point per 10 yards
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns:  7 points

We start 2 DLs, 3 LBs, 2 DBs, and 3 IDP flex spots.  My current IDP lineup contains the following guys:

DL1:   J.J. Watt
DL2:  DeMarcus Ware
LB1:   Justin Houston
LB2:  Robert Mathis
LB3:  NaVorro Bowman
DB1:   Ryan Mundy
DB2:  Morgan Burnett
FLEX1:  Barry Church
FLEX2:  Dontari Poe
FLEX3:  Kiko Alonso

BENCH:  DeAngelo Hall, Tyrann Mathieu

I feel like I should've probably started someone else over Ryan Mundy -- especially in hindsight.  I know you've had Poe up there most of the year, and I like him, but sometimes he's fallen flat.  However, last week he piqued my interest again.  In that same vein, I guess that's how it is with Mundy, too.  I think most of these guys are pretty steady -- and I like that -- but I don't mind prospecting sometimes with upside in mind.  Ah, this situation also reminds me of another, general question.  What is your strategy for choosing players of different positions.  For example, Burnett or Shaun Phillips, let's say?  Or Church or Kiko Alonso?  

Anyway, sorry for rambling, Sir.  I appreciate it if you (or anyone got this far) and any help that you can send my way.  Have a good one.

Sincerely,

Shane

theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Week 6 Roster -- League Scoring Heavily in Favor of IDPs

I typically favor LBs over DBs, but not always. I would go with Alonso over Church. Phillips over Burnett.
Shane Thompson Shane Thompson
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Week 6 Roster -- League Scoring Heavily in Favor of IDPs

Very good, Sir.  Thank you.