Week 1 help

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
TackleMachine TackleMachine
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Week 1 help

Looking for a little advice for week 1. Among others I have LaRon Landry and Jon Beason, and it's up in the air whether either will play in week 1. The replacements I'm looking at are Beathea and George Wilson at DB and D'qwell Jackson and Barrett Ruud at LB. I was thinking of going with Beathea and Jackson but your particular rankings would suggest going with Wilson and Ruud.

It seems Ruud and Wilson have battled some minor injuries in camp, and I love that Beathea is facing that Texans offense (alot of tackle opportunities I would think), but I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Again there is not major seperation between those players, and I'm just looking for a solid day from whoever I pick up. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Bill Edwards Bill Edwards
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Week 1 help

First off i am a huge D-Jackson fan this year, he's a nice pick up. From last years stats Rudd should face more rushing attempts than Jackson in week 1. Cincinnati avg 27 attempts per game while Jacksonville avg 32. Both should have good games, but facing a rookie QB's first start and a RB that will be just days removed from a stint in jail Jackson should see plenty of tackle oppurtunities and maybe some extra sack chances if the blitz the new QB.

Beathea should be the better pick of your remaining DBs. He should see alot of rushing attempts as Houston should be up in this game early. Don't forget Foster put up 231yds against the Colts last year in game one. The Colts should game plan to not allow that again. the COlts finished 25th against the run last year.

If healthy though, Landry and Beason are studs everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Bill
Thanks Bill
TackleMachine TackleMachine
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks Bill, all valid points. Is it a sure thing that both Ruud and Jackson are gonna be every down linebackers. One more prone than the other to leave the field on 3rd down?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Ruud and Jackson will both be every down linebackers.
EricOlinger EricOlinger
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by TackleMachine
I think Barrett Ruud and George Wilson are the ways to go. Bethea gives you the better shot of an INT, but George Wilson will step into the tackle heavy spot vacated by Donte Whitner. George Wilson should be a guy to pick up for Week 1 and BEYOND. He'll be a guy you can rely on throughout the year.

I am a huge D'Qwell fan. To the point where I have carried him on my IR Squad the last 2 years in my Dynasty Leagues, but I think there could be a ton of 3 & Outs with the Cincy offense. Ruud and MJD could meet up 8+ times in Week 1.
Bill Edwards Bill Edwards
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by theidpguru
Neither will be out on 3rd down.

Looking at who might have more plays is my next question but is difficult to come up with. Both teams have similar strength of schedule with Cleveland playing a slightly more difficult schedule. The harder schedule may mean more defensive plays, plus with how well the Titans will run the ball the amount of plays per game is probably lower in Tennessee (i can't find any info to back that, just my assumption).  Hope this helps.

Bill
Thanks Bill