Waiver Questions for The Guru

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
WannabeGuru WannabeGuru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Waiver Questions for The Guru

Let me start off by saying I'm a big fan.  Your advice led me to drafting sleepers like P. Chung, W. Hayes, and Stylez White and I'm looking forward to good things.  

I've got C. Lofton, Pozluszny, G. Hayes and S. Bradley as my LBs.  Its a tackle-heavy league (TA-2pt, AT-1pt, INT-5pt, SCK-3pt) and we start 2 and must carry exactly 4 LBs at all times.  Now that Poz is out 3-4 weeks and Bradley bonked his noggin' I'm looking to pick someone up off waivers.  We use $100 cap and LBs are valued pretty heavily (Willis went #8 overall).  Derrick Johnson, L. Timmons, Dan Connor, and Z. Diles are all available.  While I was high on Bradley this summer, it seems he has been a borderline dissapointment so far in the offseason and throughout the preseason, and with the concussion issue it looks like he's my weakest link.  I was initially going to put like $16 each on Timmons 1st then D. Johnson 2nd, D. Connor 3rd at $11 and Z. Diles 4th at $6.

Do these moves seem reasonable?  Should I even drop Bradley for Connor/Diles?  Are Timmons/Johnson worth more/less than $16 FAAB cap money in your opinion?

Also, I have Atogwe, Finnegan, Meriweather, and Chung as my DBs, again, start 2 carry 4.  While my initial thoughts are to stick with what I've got, I know how important early-season moves can be, and I've got B. McFadden, G. Toler, M. Bullitt, K. Phillips and T.J. Ward on waivers.  How do you rank my current stable of DBs and do you think I should make a move on any of these guys?  

I know I have a lot of questions - but I'm guessing others may have similar dilemmas.  I look forward to hearing your input on this.  Thanks!

Aaron
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Waiver Questions for The Guru

Thanks for the kind words Aaron.

Bradley actually had a great offseason and had established himself as the leader of the defense and was being used in a lot of different ways in the Eagles defensive scheme (e.g. rushing the passer). I still think he will be a solid LB2, but it's going to take him a couple games to recover from the concussion. I think Timmons could end up having a huge season. He's ultra-talented and is ready to take over the reigns from James Farrior. It's a tough call whether to drop Bradley or not. He's less risky than Johnson or Timmons in my opinion, but doesn't have their upside. Since it's basically your LB4, I would get risky and go for Timmons and then Johnson. If you don't get either of those guys, I would just stay with what you have. G. Hayes and Lofton should be able to get you through until Bradley and Pos came back.

The DB I would drop is Meriweather. He wasn't playing in some of the base packages (he played in 61 of 78 snaps) and he has never been a strong tackler. I would go out and grab Phillips or T.J. Ward.
WannabeGuru WannabeGuru
Reply | Threaded
|

You know I had thought Bradley was doing well, hence me drafting him, but I had just read an article on CBSSports that said his offseason and preseason was fairly uneventful.  I guess that's why they pay you the big bucks (or should).

Thanks a ton for the advice. One more question, where do you get the stats about the number of snaps a defensive player is on the field?  
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Pro Football Focus used to put up player participation logs for each team for FREE. Now they charge a ridiculous $1,400 for all 32 teams. So I've had to resort to scouring the Internet looking for articles and logs team-by-team. Not fun, but I'll do it because the information is so important.
WannabeGuru WannabeGuru
Reply | Threaded
|

Ya that is good info to have, something I never really thought of.  I honestly think that one of the big networks should contract you as "The IDP Guru" ala Matthew Berry the "Taleted Mr. Roto" for ESPN, especially considering the fact that IDP leagues are among the fastest growing fantasy leagues out there.  

Now another question about DBs, would you agree with starting Chung @ NYJ over Finnegan vs PIT?  Is it time for me to consider Chung to be my every week starter opposite Otogwe no matter what the matchup is?  
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by theidpguru
Not hijacking the thread here.  Just wanted to say that $1400 is ridiculous.  Seriously, they'd probably get more business if they charged something reasonable and then marketed it to the hardcore FF crowd.  I'll gladly keep to my few hours a day research rathar than pay that price.

Another reason to value good, free sites like this and to chip in some $$ at the end of the season if it helped you.  
My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.
WannabeGuru WannabeGuru
Reply | Threaded
|

This post was updated on .
I totally agree-$1400??? Who are they marketing that to? Adam Schefter? I also agree about appreciating free sites such as this one. Honestly tho, depending on how this season goes Im thinking about donating 10% of my IDP winnings to the guru. :)  
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
|

That's actually a great idea!  Top prize in my league for winning the league and most points are both over a grand.  I think I'll do the same!
My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by WannabeGuru
I'd go with Chung over Finnegan. Yes, Chung definitely deserves a look as a matchup independent starter.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Obiwan Kenblomi
Thanks guys! God knows I could use the money haha.