WW pickups for week 6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
T. Watts T. Watts
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WW pickups for week 6

Hi Guru, this week I have Beason & Posluszny on bye and need to drop them "unfortunately" due to lack of bench space (also have two offensive players on bye).  Lawrence Timmons and Brian Cushing are both on the wire and I'd like to grab them right away.  What do you think?  Good move or bad.  Other notable LBs on the wire are:  Paris Lenon, Stephen Tulloch, Lance Briggs, Shaun Phillips, Jerod Mayo, Rocky McIntosh, DeMeco Ryans, James Harrison, Jonathan Vilma, Zac Diles, Dan Connor, and Derrick Johnson.

Scoring system:  1 pt for solos, 0.5 for assts, 2 for sacks, 2 for force fumbles, 2 for Ints and 6 for Def. TDs.

Also, I need a solid DB #2 for this week and/or upcoming weeks.  I have Verner and Chung coming back from bye.  Who should I drop?

Other option are:  Quintin Mikell, Charles Godfrey, Terrell Thomas, Chris Hope, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, Chris Crocker, Antoine Cason, Taylor Mays and Charles Tillman.

As always, thanks much for the advice!

T. Watts
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WW pickups for week 6

Wow. There are a ton of good fantasy linebackers available on your waiver wire. I would grab Timmons and Cushing. Although it could be argued that Mayo, Tulloch, Briggs, or Ryans are better pickups as this is a tackle-heavy league.

As I've mentioned the last couple weeks, I really like Whitner (and he had 10-1-0 last game). He's on bye this coming week, but if you have room on your bench, I would grab and stash him. And you can never go wrong with Antoine Bethea either.

I would drop Verner over Chung.