Vincent Rey

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Anony Anony
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vincent Rey

idpguru - I have Vincent Rey, and he has been great so far this year.  With Burfict potentially coming back as early as week 8 (after Cinci's bye), and Rey's week 6 ankle injury, I am trying to determine whether it is time to drop Rey and pickup some other player for the rest of the season, like Burfict, Ellerbe, or Trevathan. Rey has been so good so far this season that I would not want to drop him if he is likely to keep the starting job and be equally productive for the rest of the season.  Any thoughts on this situation and whether Rey is droppable for Burfict, Ellerbe, or Trevathan? Many thanks in advance.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Vincent Rey

I'd hold Rey. I'm skeptical that Burfict is going to come back when he's "supposed" to and even if he does come back, I think Rey is still the starter. His numbers will obviously take a hit but I think it will still be a couple more weeks before Burfict comes back.
Anony Anony
Reply | Threaded
|

Awesome.  Thanks.  What do you think about Corey Graham. Do you think that he will continue to put up the same numbers that he has thus far?
Primetimee21 Primetimee21
Reply | Threaded
|

he should be, hes going to be the #1 CB, the fact hes playing safety is unreal, like Barron whos starting OLB in STL and Parker starting safety in KC... the fact they are S and CB for fantasy is big!
Anony Anony
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by theidpguru
I was a little surprised Burfict in the lineup on Sunday, although he ended up only playing a half.  V Rey stats started off slow, but picked up in the second half, not coincidentally when Burfict was out.  Burfict seemed to be getting the tackle opportunities in the first half. I am nervous about playing Rey going forward. We start 5, and I have Dansby, Timmons, Ellerbe, and Durant as options this week.  Does Rey stay a 3 down LB even when Burfict gets back to full time, and are his stats sustainable.  I expect some dip, but the difference between a startable IDP linebacker and droppable one is often 2-3 solos and a few assists per game.
Primetime21 Primetime21
Reply | Threaded
|

Burfict will start, they just paid him big money, there is no way he goes to bench unless he proves week after week after for the next 3-4-5 weeks hes done.... he was signed to be the stud of the D along with Carlos, GMs/Coaches don't look at the box score( which doesn't always show a players real life value) like fantasy ppl do... coaches/GMs ride the "star" until they are forced into a change.

Hawk/Lamur .... were the ones who lost snaps to Burfict, I would keep starting Rey( 97% of snaps last week) for now, and see if starts along with Brufict, Burfict and Rey could and I think most likely will start together.