Urgent week 16 LB advice needed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
oscarz oscarz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Urgent week 16 LB advice needed

Need to start 1 LB from the ones available below.

Scoring:
Tackle = 1.5 pts
Sack = 7 pts
Int = 10 pts
TD = 6 pts

1.  Greenway vs Wash
2.  Mayo vs Miami
3.  Anger vs Houston
4.  McCarthy vs Jacksonville
5.  DJ Williams vs Buf

Thanks,
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Urgent week 16 LB advice needed

I'd go with McCarthy against the Jags. He's been beasting and that is usually a fantastic matchup as the Jags run more than any other team.
oscarz oscarz
Reply | Threaded
|

I also have on my bench Bishop but he is coming off of injury and if he does play not sure how much he will play.  

Another player available is Buf Barnett vs Denver.

So between McCarthy, Barnett, Anger and Greenway who do you feel will get the most tackles and have some upside in either a sack or an interception?

This is for the championship.  Thanks again for all your advice.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

McCarthy
oscarz oscarz
Reply | Threaded
|

Not to dispute McCarthy but the last 2 weeks he has posted poor tackle numbers.  Week 15 and 16 only 3 and 4 fantasy points

And week #1 vs Jax he only obtained 1.5 fantasy points.  I want to play him but am a bit scared as  need high tackle numbers.  Your thoughts?  Thanks again.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

It's SUPER unfair to even count McCarthy's Week 1 performance. He wasn't even the starter! He didn't start seeing starter snaps until Week 10 when Barrett Ruud went down with an injury. Since then he's amassed 51 total tackles, 6.5 Tackles for Loss, 2 FRs, 2 FFs, and an interception. The last two weeks his tackles numbers were a bit down since he has horrible matchups against the Saints and Colts. The Jaguars matchup is one of the best. For example, in Week 1 when the Titans played the Jags, mediocre fantasy LB, Barrett Ruud had 14 tackles. I expect similar production from McCarthy who is a much better linebacker.