Trade Beason for Brooking?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Joshua Joshua
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trade Beason for Brooking?

Thanks always for the great suggestions! I could start 4 LBs in my league and followings are my LB rosters.

J Beason (Car), J Anderson (Car), D Ryan (Hou), S Weatherspoon (Atl), R McCalin (Oak).

I plan to drop McClain for AJ Hawk or Q Black this week from waiver wire. Another move that I plan to make is trade J Beaon for LB3 type player for following reasons.

1. Ever since J Beason moves from his old position last year, he has never been productive. Plus, I have J Anderson who is more productive and shares the same by week.
2. I have an trade offer of Brooking for Beason. Beason is definitely far better player than Brooking, but Brooking is having a nice season as you mentioned in your recent article.

Would you do this deal or play with one bye week player in week 6? Once concern for Brooking is that he has not been good for pass coverage. Following is from the Yahoo news and notes:

Sep 27 Brooking had a nice IDP game Sunday, collecting nine tackles and adding a sack.
Recommendation: He also got credit for a defended pass. Brooking has looked shaky in coverage so far this season though and the Cowboys could use their Week 4 bye to find a replacement for him in the nickel package, which might limit Brooking's value going forward.

I am sure he will have a monster number this week against CJ2K, but wonder he will be better option going forward than J Beason.

Joshua
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trade Beason for Brooking?

No, I would not trade Beason for Brooking. Beason is still a beast. We are only 4 weeks into the season. From a schematic standpoint, Beason's tackle levels should remain quite high. The Panthers run a lot of cover-2 schemes which funnel most plays to the weak side (Beason's current position). I'm not completely sold on Anderson. He's on pace for 136 total tackles and I'm willing to bet my left nut he doesn't finish with that many tackles at year's end. I think patience will pay off in this situation.

If you're going to make a trade like this, you have to get other players from this person (offensive or defensive). He's trying to buy low on Beason and sell high on Brooking. If you really don't care about losing Beason, counter him requesting additional players besides Brooking.

Joshua Joshua
Reply | Threaded
|

OK, I follow your advice and will not trade Beason for now.

Is it still ok dropping McClain for one of following freeagents? As mentioned in your articel last week, McClain finally had a chance to break out against Hou, but did not. So, my patience is over the limit for him.

S Philips (SD), AJ Hawks (GB), S Fujita (Cle), G Bracket (IND), J Babin (Ten), J Goff (NYG), C Haggans (Ari), Q Black (TB).

Personally, I keep an eye on AJ  Hawks and Q Black.

theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

I still think McClain has the most upside of any of the players you listed. The Raiders didn't seem to have a lot of tackle opportunities in that game.

If you want to drop McClain, Brackett is your safest play (even though he hasn't been playing as well this year, he had a nice game last week). I would still hang on to McClain though.
Joshua Joshua
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for your advice. I will keep McClain. It may take sometime for the rookie to develop.

Final question here. I need to pick up one of following freeagents DBs for bye week fill in. I will drop one of my offensive players (Snelling: I do have RB depth so I can spare unless you object. My RBs are Turner, Foster, Forte, Mathew, Law Firm)

T Mays (SF), D Whitner (Buf), Verner (Ten), K Rhodes (Ari), R Marshall (Car)

Who would you recommend me to pick up?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

I like Verner quite a bit against the Cowboys this week. The Titans run defense is pretty stout and the Cowboys will more than likely abandon the run and throw a bunch like they did against Houston in Week 3. Verner should see a lot of balls thrown his way. Mays is the better long-term option, however.