Tough decisions at LB

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tough decisions at LB

I'm looking for some guidance in a keeper league.  I'm looking to keep 2 LBs for next year but I'm 6-1 this year and am in a strong position to make a play at our SuperBowl so I need production later in this season too.

I have Weatherspoon on my bench (injured at the moment - I'm planning on keeping him at the end of the year).  I also have Bishop and Dansby.  I grabbed Bishop 3 weeks ago and love his production so far.  Dansby has been up and down.

I had Levy sitting on my bench but had to drop him because of injuries to a RB and needed room.  Diles was dropped last week and is on my WW as well.  Diles and Levy are pretty much the cream of the crop sitting on my WW (16 team league).

So, I guess what I'm asking is:  If you were in a very competitive keeper league and were sitting at 6-1 would you drop any of my starters (Dansby, Weatherspoon or Bishop) for Levy or Diles?

I've been agonizing over this for the last week or so.

Thanks for the help,

Obi
My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tough decisions at LB

You are right, this is a tough decision. Weatherspoon should be a solid LB2, low LB1 option moving forward when healthy. The problem is that his injury seems worse than they are letting on and we aren't completely sure when he's going to return. Bishop will be a great play moving forward as long as he stays in for nickel packages and this hasn't been completely determined yet.

I really like Levy's potential for the rest of the year. He's in a great situation with lots of tackle opportunities. He has more value than Diles moving forward.

I would stay put for now as we should know a lot more after this week about many of these players' values.
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tough decisions at LB

Will do.  I'm gonna stay put with what I have, then.

Weatherspoon is on a bye this week so hopefully he'll play week 9.  If not I'll repost and see if you've heard anything new on him.  I'm crossing my fingers because I really loved what I saw from him when healthy.

Levy just had his bye week so hopefully he'll get the kinks out this week.  I'll be curious to see what you think of how he looks after this week (assuming he gets some quality time on the field).

Appreciate the advice.

Obi
My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.