The value of Jon Beason this year

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Art Art
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The value of Jon Beason this year

Beason was a bust earlier in the last season, but he was kind of coming back to his old form once he moved into the middle. As he is only 26 yrs old, I wonder he could come back as stud this year. I can keep 2 LBs out of following corps: Beason, Tulloch, Chaney, and D Ryan. Would you include Beason in the keeper list?
Josh L Josh L
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The value of Jon Beason this year

Beason and Tulloch are both in my top 5 LBs if that answers your question.  Don't under estimate how position affects stats.  Now that Beason's back in the middle he'll continue to rack up the tackles.  Another thing he has going for him is an anemic offence ... he's going to be on the field A LOT.  It all adds up to the second best LB behind Patrick Willis.  Also, he's been hampered by injuries ... if he's now healthy that should help him as well.  Tulloch is also a no brainer.

Chaney I don't know a lot about other than he's supposed to man the middle for Phili.  In my mind he's unproven and I wouldn't consider him over Beason and Tulloch especially since they're quite young themselves.  I keep waiting for DeMeco Ryans to make his return to glory ... but it hasn't happened for years and I can only assume that they're defensive scheme has changed in a way that keeps him from racking up monster tackles to compete with the elite LBs.
Art Art
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The value of Jon Beason this year

Thanks for your great answer. I will keep Beason and Tulloch. If anyone has any other thought, please let me know.