classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Kenny Kenny
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Terrence Johnson vs. Brandon Browner

This post was updated on .
Both of CBs have good matchup this week. Who will get the edge for the bye week replacement role? As you mentioned in waiver wire section, Johnson will have a good day agaist Brees. Browner may have another huge outing against McCoy as Cle RBs are banged up and McCoy needs to throw all day. He is subject to interceptions. I am starting Chancellor in the safety spot, which increases the chances for the big plays by either Chancellor or Browner. It looks like Johnson is safer play and Browner is more like risk and reward play. I will follow your suggestion.

Finally, Would you drop devin McCourthy for either of these guys? McCarthy did not play well in recent weeks. Otherwise, I could drop offensive player for eitherbof these CBs.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Terrence Johnson vs. Brandon Browner

I like Johnson a little more than Browner this week and would roll with him. McCourty is in a good position in NE, but like many CBs can be inconsistent. Depends on how your offense looks on whether you drop McCourty or not. You wouldn't be downgrading that much.
Kenny Kenny
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks Guru! I picked up Johnson and dropped McCourthy. CB is inconsistent position by nature and I decided to keep DeMarco Murray for RB depth. This is keeper league and we usually keep offensive players and a few LBs, but never keep CB position anyway. McCourthy may still be in the wire and I could probably  him up next week.

By the way, I wonder whether I could ask a QB question. Vick is on bye week and I need to choose Painter vs. NO or McCoy vs Sea. Both QBs ranked similarly this week by experts. My league penalize sack and interception. Painter did not seem to do well against the pass rush like last week against Bengals. NO pass rush is pretty good although their secondary allowed many TDs. Painter is likely  to throw a Td or two during the garbage time. Sea pass def is not stellar either, but CB like Browner and Chancellor have been good for forcing turnovers. McCoy is likely to throw all day as Hillis is banged up. who would be the better play, McCoy or Painter. I am starting Greg Little. Do I better avoid McCoy just in case Cle offense is shut down by Sea?
Bill Edwards Bill Edwards
Reply | Threaded
|

i like McCoy more than Painter. Both QBs should put up similar passing/TD/INT numbers. i would give the edge to McCoy's running ability. he may sneak you some pts for a rushing TD.
Thanks Bill
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

I agree with Bill on McCoy being the better option this week.
Kenny Kenny
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks Guru and Bill! you guys are the man and helped my team 5-1  so far. I will always follow your advice.