Robert Quinn

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Sarisin Sarisin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Robert Quinn

No other IDP is messing with me more than this guy. I drafted him as my DL1 in just about every league I play in. He has rewarded me with either DNP due to injury or stinkers like this past week when he didn't score even one pt.

Yet, I still see him being rated at least a top ten DL.

Please someone tell me something good about Quinn to justify me keeping him on my roster. One of my other DLs in my leagues Derek Wolfe is out and I am hurting at the position. Frankly, I play in 20 team leagues so the waiver wire is underwhelming, but there has to be better than Quinn.

Rant complete. ;-)
SDog SDog
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Robert Quinn

I am faced with the same affliction. If you look at Quinn's snap counts, they have been awful even when he does play recently. His recent snap counts when he does play have been 38 in week 9, 11 in week 7, and 39 in week 4 over the past six weeks. I too am stashing him, not starting him, in hopes that he returns to form, but there has to be better options like Brandon Williams (Balt) or Malcolm Brown (NE) who would give you more consistent production (but less boom or bust) on a weekly basis until you can see if Quinn bounces back. Hopefully you have the roster space to keep him, but not start him, like I do.
Sarisin Sarisin
Reply | Threaded
|

Unfortunately, with bye weeks and injuries (Wolfe the latest), I don't have room to stash him. I cut him loose in two of my leagues fortunate to pick up Ninkovich and Beasley who have DL status. I kept Quinn in two other leagues benching him, but if he puts up another stinker against the Jets, he's gone.
SDog SDog
Reply | Threaded
|

The back is a tricky thing to get right and Quinn hasn't been productive for a while, so as much as I hate to say it, I don't see him turning it around anytime soon. I too picked up Beasley, but I'm a bit concerned with the way Atlanta uses him. He seems to play LB about 30 % of the time, which doesn't maximize his production. He dominated at DE when he played most of the Packers game there. I'm holding out hope that they keep him there.