Pos or Cush

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Josh L Josh L
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pos or Cush

I just pulled off a trade that I feel pretty happy about.

I get J. Charles, Paul Posluszny and Gaffney
I give LT, Brian Cushing and Floyd.

This league ranks IDP players on par with offensive players so Pos and Cush could be the highest scoring players of the bunch.  I only feel good about this deal if Pos does his part and out scores Cushing the rest of the way.  What do you think?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pos or Cush

I think Posluszny will outscore Cushing in tackle-heavy leagues. Cushing probably has the advantage in big-play scoring systems, however.
Josh L Josh L
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pos or Cush

Tackles are 1 point, Pass Defended 1.5, Forced Fumbles 2, Sacks, ints, TDs all 3.

Usually guys like Willis, Beason, Laurinitis, Harris are near the top.  Last year Cush was the 3rd best LB, but I'm not convinced he'll do it every year.  Big play guys like Harrison, Ware, Porter, etc seem to be top of the league one year and middle of the pack the next.  Every time I project out Posluszny's stats for a full year (when healthy) he's right up there with the top 3.  As long as Pos can outscore Cush by 1 or 2 points on average I'll be happy.  The downside is Cush still has one more year as a cheap keeper in our system.

I guess time will tell.