Patriots/Lions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Mous Mous
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Patriots/Lions

Hey IDPG.  What do you make of last night's Patriots/Lions game? Did it provide any clarification or insight on the value of key players for IDP purposes (i.e. the LB situation of Tulloch, Levy, and Durant and the Mayo/Spikes situation)? None of those Lions players had good numbers and Spikes is out......  

Also, you look pretty high on Chung again this year.  Chung started off hot last year, but it appeared that he did not play as much down the stretch, as Belichick rotated him in and out of plays more often.  That hurt his value toward the end of the season due to lack of consistency and number of plays.  Was that due to injury or just because of Belichick having coverage concerns with Chung?   My concern with him this year is that he falls into a similar position of not knowing how consistently Belichick will use him from game to game.  His stats looked decent for a preseason game.  Thoughts?

Mous.

Mous Mous
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Patriots/Lions

Sorry for another question in this post, but wondering how you feel about the Buffalo game.  Buffalo's Barnett did not have a great stat line either.  Neither did Wilson, but backup Bryan Scott did.  Something to worry about in how they are being used or simply preseason numbers? I have them both earmarked as sleeper candidates.....

Do you think that you will do any week 3 analyses/wrap up for IDP (probably save a bunch of individual questions like mine).  Almost like a week 3 risers/fallers and/or whether players are living up to or below expectations article. That would be huge..................especially if its before my draft tomorrow.  Ha ha.

Thanks.
Mous.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Mous
I think that Levy will be an every down linebacker and that Tulloch and Durant will skip on and off playing in subpackages.

Spikes seems to be stuck in a two down role still which means he has nothing more than LB4 value.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Mous
I wouldn't worry about Barnett or Wilson.

As for the article, I plan on writing something like that before the start of the regular season.