P Willis and Shiancoe for Demarius Thomas and Donald Brown?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
OnOne OnOne
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

all tds 6pts, 5pts per sack, 1pt per tackle .5 per assist 14 man league 2-0
Current Starting Roster: QB Cutler RB Forte-Bradshaw WR A. Johnson B Marshall C Johnson TE Carlson  Flex M Tolbert
IDP Starting Roster: Timmons J Allen J Tuck Pollard Chung Orakpo D Johnson

Offensive Bench: Chris Ivory Ricky Williams Keliand Williams Donald Brown D Thomas
Defensive bench: none

My Thinking
I want willis for the playoff run cause he is as consistent as consistent gets with a very high celing.  BUT, the question becomes is it really worth sacrificing a possible stud rookie wr backup on my roster for Wills and a decent upgrade at TE this early in the season? (D brown is a decent flex/bench play at best with Addai ahead of him, im not worried about losing value over him) .........On the negative side to thomas, rookie, one good game, coming off broken foot, possible sell high candidate

(I actually traded the same owner P willis Spiller and Knox for Calvin Johnson.....  before week 1)

I dont need D Thomas because im loaded at WR but this early in the season and the byes still coming,  its nice to have some high upside offensive players on the bench.

self diagnosis= No Deal but Flipping tempting as hell to have Willis Timmons D Johnson Allen Tuck Pollard Chung in the fantasy playoffs.

Thoughts Ryan?
sorry for the long post, but tought to describe theres things sometimes without the full picture

theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: P Willis and Shiancoe for Demarius Thomas and Donald Brown?

I do the deal and here's why. You don't get any more of a lock than Patrick Willis on the defensive side of the ball. The guy is a pure beast and an every week starter. Plus, Shiancoe has good value this year as long as Favre is the QB.

I like Demaryius Thomas, but look at his schedule the next few weeks:

Colts
Titans
Ravens
Jets
Raiders
49ers
BYE

It doesn't get any more brutal than that for a wide receiver. Donald Brown is nothing special either.

I would do the trade.
onone onone
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: P Willis and Shiancoe for Demarius Thomas and Donald Brown?

lol damm i couldnt pull the trigger..........

Here's why
I am really going HARD  after Gates hard right now, the owner of Gates team has lost matthews and now moreno for the week, unless he wants to take a loss I offered him bradshaw and carlson for him. We'll see, i can still go after Willis again next week also, I appreciate it man, thank you.

and your right about Willis being an every week starter, very valid point
Hoping D Thomas has a big week again against the colts to increase his value, this kid has all the tools