classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
ynot ynot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New to IDP - Roster suggestions?

Hi,

I started watching the NFL about 8 years ago, when somebody got me to join their fantasy league, and I got hooked. The last 6 years I have watched every single minute of every single game, but I have never really paid any attention to the IDPs. This year my main fantasy league has removed kickers and DST, and replaced it with two DLs and two LBs, to ease us into the wonderful world of IDP. I find myself paying much more attention when I watch games now, but I still feel lost when trying to evaluate players.

My experience is that it's best to find one or two serious pages for advice, but I don't think my regular sites for offensive players are very good at IDPs. I have spent a few days searching, and this sites strikes me as both serious and knowledgeable. I really like that you have this forum as well. Hopefully someone can give me some good advice.

My IDPs right now are:
Ezekiel Ansah (DL1)
Jurrell Casey (DL2)
Paul Posluszny (LB1)
Paul Worrilow (LB2)
Geno Atkins (Bench DL)
We are required to use one bench spot on an IDP.

Yesterday somebody dropped Mario Williams, and that made me want to write this post and evaluate my roster. I'll try to list some of the available names on the waiver wire, but I'm new to this, so please forgive me if I mention a few IDP versions of Kevin Ogletree :D I'll just list up the top 10-15 with the highest owned %, and then add a few of the highest scorers or projected scorers.

DLs: M Williams, Klug, Wake, M Bennett, Proctor, Liuget, Okoye, Vernon, Anunoby, L Williams, Worthy, Bailey, Hardy, Tuck, Ayers, Bryant, M Daniels, Jenkins

LBs: T Davis, P Brown, V Miller, Laurinaitis, Tulloch, Lofton, Unga, Hali, D Morgan, Durant, Hicks, D Smith, Bradham, Misi, S Anthony, Freeman, M Smith

I read a great post by Primetime21 and he mentions some names as well. Out of those the following are available:;
Tuitt, Jenkins, Kwon Alexander, P Brown, J Hicks, Z Brown.

I guess this post ended up being kinda long, but I would really appreciate some experienced input.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New to IDP - Roster suggestions?

I think your roster is quite solid. But I'm still really high on Mario Williams. Lineman scoring is highly volatile (which makes sense when you think about it). He's had two weeks with zero points but he looked unstoppable in preseason and has been getting consistent pressure on the QB this year. The sacks will come. Plus, he's playing on that Rex Ryan aggressive defense. I'd drop Casey for Williams.
ynot ynot
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks! Definitely putting in a solid bid on Mario, but you prefer dropping Casey over Atkins?

Primetime21's post also has made me kinda worried about Paul Worrilow, and I see you have both Durant, Lofton, M Smith and Hicks higher this week. Feels like I should make the switch to Durant then?

EDIT: I just noticed your updated ROS, so I guess that answers my questions. Stick with Worrilow, drop Casey for Williams and I just might drop a talentless WR and stash Greg Hardy.
ynot ynot
Reply | Threaded
|

Update: I won the bid on Mario Williams (was the only one bidding, so wasted some of my FAAB) and dropped Casey. Also dropped Geno Atkins to stash Greg Hardy. Hoping Ansah is healthy enough to play this week, or I will regret dropping Atkins.