New Addition to The IDP Guru

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Addition to The IDP Guru

Hello everyone! I just wanted to announce the arrival of a new IDP writer to The IDP Guru, David Larkin. David is one of the most knowledgeable and active members of the IDP community and I am grateful to have him aboard as a writer. He will be producing a weekly Wednesday article entitled "IDP Game Notes" during the regular season. He is also an adminstrator on the forums. Feel free to reach out to him if you have any questions.
Dave Larkin Dave Larkin
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Addition to The IDP Guru

Thank you for the warm welcome, Ryan.

As Ryan said, I am available for any lineup questions you may have. You can hit me up on Twitter @davlar87 of course. Make sure to read my weekly article "IDP Game Notes" which will be released every Wednesday.

It's a pleasure to be part of the team here.
David Larkin: writer of the weekly publication "IDP Game Notes"
Find me on Twitter: @davlar87
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
|

Nice to meet you, David.

I haven't been here too long but look foward to getting your take on IDP in addition to the Guru's.

I'm not a big fan of most Fantasy Sites because they hardly ever admit they're wrong, they don't go out on a limb to say what they think and most don't know what the hell they are talking about.

That's what kept me coming back here (One of only 2 "advice" sites that I use).  Ryan shoots straight.  He'll say "this guy sucks" if the player does.  He'll say "My pick last week was horrible" if it was.  And he doesn't mind going out on a limb to say what he thinks the player will do in the future.  Above all, he seems to know what he's talking about as opposed to 90% of the other sites who just copy, paste and then change a few words from another site they saw the info on.

I say all this because a lot of us FF Players are very picky about who we take advice from.  If the Guru trusts you then that's good enough for me.  I hope you continue the tradition of what I've seen so far here of well-informed "tell it like it is" advice.

Really looking foward to your first article and your take on IDP happenings.  It will be on this site?  Or is it an email subscription type thing?

See you on the forums.

Obi
My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for the compliments Obi. David's articles will be published to the site every Wednesday.
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
|

Yeah, I stopped in at the forum before I went to the main site and saw he already had an article up.

Pretty good read.
My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.
Dave Larkin Dave Larkin
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for that. I'll be sure to keep improving my article and of course, any advice from you guys is appreciated. If there's anything you want me to mention in particular about games, let me know.
David Larkin: writer of the weekly publication "IDP Game Notes"
Find me on Twitter: @davlar87
Mike Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

Can you field Guru forum questions weeks 6 and 7?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Huh? My note about being gone weeks 6 and 7 was from last year. This post is like 3 years old.
Mike Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

O .. misread the heck outta that. Sorry
rosezula rosezula
Reply | Threaded
|

Technical Help

In reply to this post by theidpguru
Everybody is usually asking the question of "What is that the best antivirus program?" for antivirus software. the solution to the question are often somewhat subjective, since there are differing types of programs for various sorts of needs. as an example , an honest program for a home user won't be an honest program for a business since it'd not be comprehensive enough. Businesses have much more complex security requirements than the typical home user. Norton.com/nu16 | Norton.com/setup | aol mail  | AOL Gold Download | AOL Mail | AOL Mail Login​ | belkin router setup | Belkin Login