Mason Foster

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
stacy stacy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mason Foster

I have read on other idp sites that Mason Foster can be in for a huge year if he starts at linebacker for the Bucs.  What is your take on him and is he currently listed as the starter on the Bucs depth chart?  
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mason Foster

Foster is a solid talent and will fit nicely into the middle of Tampa Bay's defense. My main concern with him right now is he isn't likely to start the year as an every-down linebacker. He hasn't been wearing the defensive headset which means he's likely to leave the field in passing situations while Black and Hayes remain.

I see Foster as a potential breakout player in the 2nd half of the season. The Bucs tend to bring their rookies along slowly and they have enough good players surrounding him that he probably won't become an every-down linebacker into Week 8 or 9 of the regular season at the earliest.

He's worth a roster stash if you have the depth at the position and can wait on him until the 2nd half of the season. If you need immediate production, there are better value picks out there.

- IDP Guru