classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

League Setup

Just curious...

Guru, or anyone here for that matter - What's the roster limits for your "big money" league?

Mine is:

Starters
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 Special Teams
2 DL
2 LB
2 DB

Bench
8 players of your choosing - any position

8 players on the bench seems shallow to me.  Is that the norm?

Curious as to what you guys have.  Guru?
My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: League Setup

My "big money" league has a very unorthodox setup, but that's why I like it. When your in 8 leagues, it's nice to have a league that is completely different .

We have no bench players instead rolling with all starters. He is the setup:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
K
ST
DL
DL
DL
LB
LB
LB
DB
DB
DB

IDP Scoring System:

Solo=2pts
Assits=1pt
Sack=7pts
INT=12pts
DEF TD=25pts

The offensive scoring system is quite unique. You get bonuses at 100yds, 150yds, 200yds, 250yds for RBs and WRs. And 200yds, 250yds, 300yds, 350yds, etc. for QB. If a RB catches a ball for a TD it's worth double points. If a QB or WR runs in a ball for a TD it's worth double points.

By the end of the year, the offensive points about = the IDP points. Which is the way it should be .

8 players on your bench is normal. But why be normal? My best advice is go outside the norm, it will make your league that much more enjoyable.
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: League Setup

That league sounds like a lot of fun.

I'd love to change my current league up a bit but like I mentioned in earlier posts - it's a very old and very "set in it's ways" league which is fine with me since it's a great bunch of guys and ran extremely well.  Making changes is hard as hell, though, since these guys were doing IDP back in the day when they had to use NFL stats to add up scoring for each defensive player via the web or newspaper!

I'm gonna keep my eye out for another league with some different rules, though, since yours sounds really enjoyable as well.

I'm a firm believer that IDP should about = offensive scoring as well!!
My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.