Lawrence Timmons?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Das Steel Curtain Das Steel Curtain
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lawrence Timmons?

Help! Somewhere along the line I managed to drink the Lawrence Timmons Kool-aid and now I can't bring myself to drop him from my keeper league (I know I should but for some reason I just can't). Our league incorporates keeper dollars and would cost me roughly 20% of my payroll for the 2010 season.

My gut tells me he is a solid LB2 with LB1 potential, but it is a case of high risk/high reward. Am I nuts for wanting to keep him?

Someone please talk me out of this.

theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lawrence Timmons?

I'm not as high on Timmons as most other IDP writers. It's not that I don't think he's not talented, quite the contrary. I just find his current situation less than optimal. He's an inside linebacker and isn't going to be able to generate as many sacks as Harrison or Woodley can from the outside. Plus, Farrior steals enough tackles away at SILB to decrease Timmons value in tackle-heavy leagues.

His value for me is higher in dynasty leagues since he may eventually move outside, but the Steelers selection of Jason Worlids signals to me he will stay inside. I just don't see anything higher than a LB2 value personally. I wouldn't be willing to spend 20% of my salary on the guy.