Late DB picks

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Josh L Josh L
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Late DB picks

I'm trying to decide on late DB pickups so I can focuss my early draft on Offence and LB.

I'm thinking Patrick Chung might fall and I know you're big on his potential.  Any word on the starting SS gig in NE?  Is it his for sure or is he still fighting for it?

Also we count return yards so I like trying to pick up IDP return men.  Who would you rather have, Ellis Hobbs or Josh Wilson?  I'm thinking Hobbs because Wilson might lose return duties to Washington if/when he's healthy.  I'll also throw Jim Leonard in there as he's a SS and I seem to remember him posting some decent numbers when pressed into action in Buffalo, yet he's not ranked in your top 50 DBs.

Anythoughts?  I'm keeping Dawkins as my DB1 so I'll likely only need one, maybe two of these guys.
onone onone
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Late DB picks

Yeah, i kinda had the same deilema. I was lucky enough to land Bernard Pollard reflectively late, and didnt worry about my db2 as much.

I was wondering the same thing about Chung, he is a popular sleeper. Pats unoffical depth chart has him  listed as a backup still???  http://www.patriots.com/depthchart.cfm 

CBS has him starting though   http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/teams/page/NE/new-england-patriots

I guess we'll find out week 1

I also got my eyes on Sean Jones, starting TB SS

Earl Thomas is catching my eye too. we'll see
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Josh L
Chung seems to be a pretty safe bet to start at SS week 1. I would go with Hobbs as he is a sure starter at both cornerback and kick returner. Wilson was just traded to the Ravens and even though he may start at cornerback the 1st couple of weeks, he's likely going to be a nickel cornerback once Washington and Webb get healthy. His role as a returner is also a question mark at this point.
Josh L Josh L
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for the feedback.  With Bigby now on the IR ... how much higher do you rank Burnett?  Is he now in Patrick Chung territory or is that too much of a stretch?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

I like Burnett quite a bit especially since the Packers linebacking crew may be a bit leaky this year with Barnett's knees giving him trouble. But, I still have Chung about 10-12 spots higher than Burnett. Chung could very well end up as one of the top 5-10 DBs this season.