LB/DE and DB/LB rankings

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Alikamyballs Alikamyballs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LB/DE and DB/LB rankings

Drafting in a league where you can use lb for dl if they have designation.  Is there a way, idpguru, you could make a draft guide with that taken into account?  I read a summary of yours about tj watt and how if he qualifies as a dl to draft him above the rest, joey bosa etc.  Don’t want to be missing on guys or taking guys when I could wait for later rounds.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LB/DE and DB/LB rankings

The Excel projections in the draft guide called out which guys are likely to be classified as dual position eligible. It's impossible to get 100% correct as every league management system classifies players slightly differently, however.
cberta cberta
Reply | Threaded
|

By trying to be all things to all people this listing in excel is now worthless to me until i go to the effort of assigning the MFL position to each and every IDP player.
Seems like the positions used by MFL are also used by many popular management systems so is there the possibility of adding a column for MFL Position to the draft guide spreadsheet?
As it stands now i am going to have to spend some significant time creating the data for such a column,
If i had known this was the situation (new this year) , i would have looked around for other services before committing to your service, which i have used for years.
Any help you can offer is appreciated,
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi there,

This is already done for you. Whatever position is listed first is the position in which the player is classified on MyFantasyLeague.com. For example, T.J. Watt is listed as OLB/DE, so he is a LB on MFL. Charles Harris is listed as a DE/OLB, so he's a DE on MFL.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
cberta cberta
Reply | Threaded
|

That helps alot, thanks.
Perhaps you could just add a sentence on the home page of the draft guide to the effect of  "The first position listed on each player is the MFL position".

thanks again
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

It actually is listed on the first tab of the Excel spreadsheet in the notes section.
cberta cberta
Reply | Threaded
|

aaah, so it is. I only read the comments on the web page.

another question.
Curious about why Danielle Hunter is not listed on the LB tab.

Cheers
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

I'm waiting for FantasyPros who is the backend ranking platform I use to add LB to his position designation, along with a couple other players like Randy Gregory.