classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
DTS12 DTS12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

L Landry

Ryan,
What are you thinking about this whole LeRon Landry achilles issue heading into 2011?

Also, Donte Whitner to SF, is there anything here?

Are you liking Joe Haden at the CB spot to be able to get some tackle numbers via run support (ala Brandon Flowers), or are most of his numbers going to come inconsistently from PDs and INTs?

Just trying to get a few thoughts out of you until you get your DB rankings up.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: L Landry

The Achilles' injury is a bit concerning to me. Landry still seems quite bothered by it and has stated that he may need off-season surgery if alternative treatments don't suffice. I still have him ranked #1 in my rankings, but that isn't the lock we thought it was originally.

I think Whitner still has top 15 potential in San Fran. He's obviously not going to receive the same amount of tackle opportunity that he did in Buffalo, but the 49ers aren't likely to be that good this year and he should see more than enough opportunity in that regard.

I'm not to big on Haden's potential to put up the tackle numbers required for a CB to be a starter in tackle-heavy leagues. There are better options available.

P.S. - My DB rankings are now published :)
DTS12 DTS12
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks Ryan, what are you thinking for CB Johnathan Joseph down in HOU for this year? for CB required leagues is he a tier 1 or 2 CB in your opinion as far as tackle opportunities?

Other musings:
Also, how is the MLB situation looking in DEN in your eyes? Nate Irving going to claim the starting spot?

I've been seeing where Carlos Dunlap may not be a starter for CIN, upgrade Michael Johnson over there?

Thank you
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

I think Joseph is more of a Tier 2 type of cornerback.

I would steer clear of the middle linebacker situation in Denver for now. Even is Irving starts, he will only be a two-down linebacker and will have to compete with DJ Williams on the weak side for tackles. Until he becomes an every-down linebacker, he doesn't hold much value.

I would upgrade Michael Johnson for the time being. But my gut is telling me Johnson and Dunlap are the starters once the season starts and I consider Dunlap the superior talent.