Keeper question: Wagner vs. Trevathan

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Diesel0332 Diesel0332
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Keeper question: Wagner vs. Trevathan

Hey guys I have a keeper question; in a 25 round league who would you keep Wagner in the 5th or Trevathan in the 10th? The league format is 3 LB 3 DB 1 DL, and is tackle heavy with Solo/Assists being 1.5/1.0 pts.

I see on here Wagner is ranked 14 and Trevathan ranked 17, other sites have a wide range of rankings having Wagner anywhere from 1 to 15 and Trevathan 10 to 35. I know Wagner was injured last year but he was a tackling machine when healthy and I feel played at a Top 5 LB level. I'm pretty shocked hes ranked this low here, am I missing something on Wagner? I love Trevathan especially in the 10th, but its so hard to pass up on Wagner who was a top 3 LB going into last years season. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!
WireHawk WireHawk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keeper question: Wagner vs. Trevathan

The tackle-heavy scoring does bolster Wagner a little bit (this site has awesome projections with variable scoring in its draft guide by the way), but Trevathan is benefiting from both his tackle efficiency and his new extremely target-rich environment. Wagner will still probably be better this year, but for a whopping 5 rounds I'd go Trevathan hands-down. With that many linebackers in each team's starting rotation good late-round value will be critical. I'm in a similar league and I'm targeting Trevathan  and hopefully Kwon Alexander if he slips. I never keep an LB in the first 5 rounds because it's too easy to grab breakouts off of the waiver wire throughout the season. Focus on the offense first and win the IDP section of your league with diligence