Is it time to drop Thomas Davis?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
bretski bretski
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is it time to drop Thomas Davis?

I have bench space issues, and need to make room.

Linebacker corps:
Jamie Collins
Kwon Alexander
Bobby Wagner
Mychal Kendricks
Eric Kendricks
Thomas Davis

Collins is getting over his illness.  He may not play this week, but no way I'm dropping him.  Wagner, stud.  Kwon is a keeper for the long haul, IMO.  Same with Eric Kendricks.

All of the sudden, Davis is looking shaky.  He posted a monster game against the Packers, but book-ended that game with 2 stinkers.  Last week, I questioned whether he was even on the field (though I know he was).  Is it time to send him to waivers?  I'm really struggling with this, primarily because Kuechly's concussion stint lingers in my mind...if he goes out again, Davis becomes the man again.

Mychal Kendricks is the only other "maybe" candidate, in my mind.  The Eagles love to rotate LBs, but he has been consistent when healthy this season.

I need wins the next couple weeks to solidify myself for the playoffs, and could really use the bench space to pick up another WR.  Thoughts?

Primetime21 Primetime21
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Is it time to drop Thomas Davis?

If you really really need a bench spot, I'd go davis too.... maybe its age? but that was 2 complete hoodini games, but honestly all your LBs are solid starters if your in a 3 or 4 LB league, most are LB1s and LB2s
bretski bretski
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks, I slept on it and decided to keep him, but I'm putting him on the bench this week.

Starting:
Wagner
Kendricks
Kendricks
Kwon (flex)

I'll probably regret sitting Davis...watch him go off for 7 solos, 4 assists, and a sack!  LOL.
Primetime21 Primetime21
Reply | Threaded
|

hate when you bench a guy and he goes off lol