classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

IDP Guru Reader Survey/Want List

Hello All:

I just wanted to welcome a few new staff writers to the IDP Guru team: Bill Edwards (IDP Stockwatch, IDP Starts & Sits), Eric Olinger (IDP Infirmary, IDP Dynasty Buy Low/Sell High), and Johnny Davis (IDP Game Notes).

As we move into the 2011 season, we are wondering what type of articles you wish to see on the site? List them here and they will be taken into strong consideration. Also, are there any articles you find redundant/not worthwhile? If so, list them and we will analyze that as well.

Good luck to all!

- Guru
ark ark
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: IDP Guru Reader Survey/Want List

Guru,

Your preseason tier based ranking was excellent. I would like to see an updated tier based ranking every week, which takes into account the rest of the season. Weekly rankings and waiver wire adds are great, but a rest of the season ranking will give a better perspective if a player can be dropped to pick the latest waiver wire gem or if they should stay put.

I understand it is quite early in the season, but a tentative ranking for playoff weeks 14 to 17 would be a nice addition too. It would give a better picture than a strength of schedule chart.

Thanks for your preseason sleeper list, helped me win last week!
Son of a Blitz Son of a Blitz
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by theidpguru
I truly enjoy all of your offerings and pour through them each week.  Unfortunately, many of the gems you recommend we pick up are gone by the time the article is posted late Monday or Tuesday.  I would love a simple list guys who are must-adds based on injury or other circumstances. The sooner the better.
WannabeGuru WannabeGuru
Reply | Threaded
|

Could definitely use more articles pertaining to trades.  

- Something like a "Buy low, Sell high" article would be great.  Similar to the Stock Watch (which I love), only with trading as the primary focus.

- Also, I agree with an earlier poster's recommendation for weekly rankings that take the entire season into consideration.  It would be nice to get these overall rankings based on season projections at any point in during the season primarily for trade purposes and determining if you should drop Player A to pick up Player B.

You guys consistently do a great job, and I look forward to the site's continued evolution!  

Aaron aka Wannabe Guru
Josh Josh
Reply | Threaded
|

Sup Guru...
I love this site...  Love it.
Only a  ouple things I would like to see and not sure how feasible they are..

1.  Possible to get the Stock Watch and Starts and Sits articles sooner in the week? My waivers clear late Tuesday night and i play on ESPN so it's common.

2.  This is probably the biggest pain in the butt request but can the positions be broken down.  A lot of us play with DT, DE, LB, CB, S not just DL, LB, DB.  It's very difficult to find information on DT's and CB's.  Very.

3.  Love everything else.  Everything.  Great site.
ReadyMan ReadyMan
Reply | Threaded
|

+1 to this...DT/DE/LB/CB/S breakdown and start/sit and weekly pickup articles  as early as possible Monday (I'm in an ESPN league as well).
Mike Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

This post was updated on .
Started using this site last year and it is by far the best one. Noticed on a few other sites they have seperate rankings for standard IDP and big play heavy. Not sure how much the rankings would differ but would be nice to see 2 for those blitzing LBs that are ranked so low on conventional IDP lists.
ReadyMan ReadyMan
Reply | Threaded
|

I really liked the format that you had last year where each game had the list of IDP positions and players with rankings of each.
Someone else wrote that for you I think, but I found it VERY helpful when making lineup choices between two decent players.
Any chance that feature will be back?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Yes, those articles will be back again this season, starting this year.
Dick Buttkiss Dick Buttkiss
Reply | Threaded
|

i agree with some suggestions. Definitely a ROS rankings. Seperate rankings for overall IDP, DB, s, cb, DE, DL. And maybe a grid schedule of all the teams and pts against rankings for each position. You are the IDP Guru. Be the best!
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Just published the ROS rankings today. I won't be able to provide separate rankings for DT and CB. Won't be doing the grid either. Not enough time in the day for one person (myself) to do especially when I have a full time job already.
ReadyMan ReadyMan
Reply | Threaded
|

The ROS rankings looks great Ryan! Well done!
It helped me pick some tough choices with Henderson and McCarthy out for the week...and I didnt have to bother you with a question in the forums about it!

Thanks!
Rumpler Rumpler
Reply | Threaded
|

Like the ROS. Unless I missed it somewhere though in any of your rankings could you include the exact scoring systems on the pages. I will learn once you put it once, but maybe could be helpful to the newbie traffic that comes here.

Also, I don't know where you could put this but your insight on some of the big name IDP players when you do a ROS ranking. I'm not saying do this every week, but maybe ever 3-4 weeks. Something similar to a comment on your preseason rankings overview, but only if something about the stud obviously changed. Maybe patrick willis's ankle falls off, comment on the rankings on bowman maybe being an A tackler to A ++ tackler. OR one post you commented on about D'Qwell. Your preseason talk on him was great and tier 1, but you commented on that the browns are playing him back more for passing as opposed to being on the line. Ride it out? Ongoing problem? That could be helpful to comment on some prominent guys when necessary. Not counting the sleeper comments you already devoted articles to.
jollyzula jollyzula
Reply | Threaded
|

technical support

Are you checking out spyware antivirus software downloads? If you've got discovered that there are crop up advertisements appearing on your computer for no apparent reason, it's almost certain that there are adware or spyware, or both, hiding in your PC system. Not all of them are harmful, but there are some more dangerous ones which will steal your confidential and private information and use it for fraud.  Canon.com/ijsetup | Ij.start.cannon | Canon.com/ijsetup | Ij.Start.Canon | Office.com/setup |  Reinstall Office 365 | Norton.com/nu16 | McAfee.com/Activate