How to Rank Best IDPs Across All Positions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
GeneralistJosh GeneralistJosh
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to Rank Best IDPs Across All Positions

My fantasy league manager added IDPs to our rosters this year, but just one DP starter slot on each team and it can be at any defensive position.

For membership access weekly rankings, I can see the rankings of players according to DL, LB, and DB, but how can I determine the best weekly players across ALL consolidated defensive positions?

The ranks only list positions by ECR and not projected points. When I tap each player to read their profile for the week, they aren’t exactly in order of projected points, since I’m guessing IDPGuru’s rankings don’t always fall in line with the general FantasyPros projections.

So I don’t know if the #1LB for the week is projected to score more than the #1DB, or if the #6LB would be better to start than the #2DL, and so on.

What’s the best way for me to go about figuring this out either with this site’s resources or another sites? Just trying to get any advantage I can with this.

Thanks for the help!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to Rank Best IDPs Across All Positions

So, update:

I’ve found that FantasyPros has a page where they rank IDP weekly amongst all positions, but I can’t see IDPGuru’s specific rankings unless I subscribe to them, even though I’m already paying for access to IDPGuru’s site. I would like to see IDPGuru’s rankings given his success and accuracy compared to the rest of the field over the years.

So this is a shoutout to @IDPGuru, could you please have a tab in your weekly rankings that shows IDP (all players) in addition to what you already have with DL, LB, and DB?

It’d be super awesome for those of us who only play with a single IDP rather than multiple defensive positions. Thank you, thank you!
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

If you are only starting 1 IDP, it's almost always going to be a linebacker (unless you have some weird scoring system).
Reply | Threaded
|

Understood. At a glance, we do have different scoring settings than the one listed on your site. They are:

Sack - 3 pts
Blocked punt, FG, or PAT - 1.5 pts
INT - 3.75 pts
FR - 3 pts
FF - 3 pts
Safety - 1.5 pts
Asst Tackle - .38 pts
Solo Tackle - 1.12 pts
Pass Def - 1.12 pts

Would these scoring settings change anything or would you still say always default to the LB list?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Still Linebacker. You could go into your league history from last year and see who were the highest scoring IDPs across all positions as well to confirm.
Reply | Threaded
|

LB it is then.

Thank you for your time and advice!