High Ceiling for James Laurinaitis?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
WireHawk WireHawk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

High Ceiling for James Laurinaitis?

I know the guy is getting up there in age, but if I can't sneakily grab Danny Trevathan, isn't Laurinaitis' situation almost identical? Clear top-end LB1 ability, moving into an every-down role as the leader of an abysmal defense? Neither of them will face good competition for tackles, so why isn't Laurinaitis a little bit higher projected? I'm just wondering if there is any issues with the Saints' scheme I may be missing here.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: High Ceiling for James Laurinaitis?

I wouldn't say its necessarily an apples to apples comparison. James L. is in a different stage of his career as his tackle numbers have dipped dramatically of recent without a change in situation. Trevathan, on the other hand, was one of the most productive LBs in the NFL on a per snap basis last year.

Stephone Anthony, although on the strong side now, will get his fair share of tackles. Therefore, I think James L. is appropriately valued as a LB3 with upside.
WireHawk WireHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Very well, I'm biased as a Saints fan, and you've talked me down off that cliff.

Stephone Anthony was carted off the field last night, though. No update as of yet
Primetime21 Primetime21
Reply | Threaded
|

Laurinanitis will rack up the tackles, he was an LB3 with an elite D around him the last couple years, how can he only stay an LB3 in NO?

With the rams, his plan didn't drop off much, his stats did... there is a difference, he's always been a tackler( over rated earlier in his career based on his high tackling). Now with NO, his tackles will shoot back up, LB2 LB1.