Help me figure this out!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
CMCrai CMCrai
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help me figure this out!

I got invited into a league by one of my friends at the last minute. Started the draft, and then realized it was an Offense/IDP league. I had no idea. Offense I had covered, but did little to no research on defensive players. I just went out of the back a fantasy football mag and figured I would load up on offensive players since I knew more on the subject. Here are the defensive positions and settings.

D,D, DB X3, DL, LB X 3
Solo tackle 1 pt
Tackle assist .5 pt
Sack   3pt
Int.     2pt
Fumble recovery 2pt
Def TD   6pt
Pass defended .5 pts

So here is my def lineup.
D Rolando McCLain(oak)
D George Wilson(buf)
DB Antoine Winfield(min)
DB Kenny Phillips (Nyg)
DB Eric Berry (kc)
DL Ndamuknog Suh(DET)
LB Thomas Davis (car)
LB Lawernce Timmons (pit)
LB Justin Durant  (jac)

So what I really want to know is who is garbage and should be realeased, and who I should hold on to. Don't mind if its harsh. Trying to learn IDP on the fly...Thanks for all the help.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Help me figure this out!

D Rolando McClain (OAK) - Will be a stud. Hold on to.

DB George Wilson (BUF) - Has the potential to be a top 15 DB. He currently is a backup behind Jairus Byrd and Donte Whitner as safety. Byrd is hurt and questionable for the start of the season, so Wilson could begin the season as the starter. If you have a bench, put Wilson there. Otherwise, I would think about releasing him depending on what's available on the waiver wire.

DB Antoine Winfield (MIN) - One of the best fantasy cornerbacks. Should be solid again this year.

DB Kenny Phillips (NYG) - One of the top DB sleepers this season. Could put up very nice numbers, if his knees hold up.

DB Eric Berry (KC)
 - You're fine with Berry. I have him ranked around #15 for DBs.

DL Ndamuknog Suh (DET) - I'm not high on Suh. I have him ranked #53 right now. He's a defensive tackle which is not a very productive fantasy position. He will be taking on a lot of double teams. I would drop him and pick up a defensive end.

LB Thomas Davis (CAR) - Thomas Davis is out for the year with a torn ACL. Drop him.

LB Lawrence Timmons (PIT) - Not as high as others on Timmons. I have him at #43 while other writers have him in the 20's and 30's. He has upside, but I just don't like his opportunities in Pittsburgh (i.e. too much competition).

LB Justin Durant  (JAX) - Value decreased with the addition of Kirk Morrison at MLB. Still a nice LB3 if he is a three-down linebacker. It still remains to be seen if he will play all three downs, however.  
CMCrai CMCrai
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Help me figure this out!

Alright. I dropped Suh and picked up Terrell Suggs, then dropped Thomas Davis and picked up Chris Long. I'll wait and see with George Wilson and Justin Durant. Thanks for all the help and quick response.