Heat check for a few guys.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Heat check for a few guys.

Ok, I try not to bog you down with too many questions so I try to make them count when I ask - so here's a few I'm very curious as to your opinion:

Pollard - why  has he dropped so much the last few?  Injury?  New scheme?

Angerer - He's still not a nickle LB, is he?  How's he putting up these massive numbers lately?  I have him on my bench.  Will these numbers continue?  If so I'm putting him in.

Gerald McCoy - Picked him up on a hunch 2 weeks ago.  Haven't started him yet, but wish I had.  Is he a starter going foward?  Has he finally "got it"?

Patterson - He killed me this week.  Should I put Godfrey back in my lineup?  He's been surprisingly consistant the last few weeks.

Spoon-man - He's back in the lineup - I watched his game this week. He was even in on some 3rd downs I believe.  He looked like crap.  Slow to the ball and missing tackles.  Heard anything about him?

Levy - Going to be this inconsistant the rest of the year?  Thoughts?

Hope this isn't too much.  I don't post often so figured I'd get one last bit of advice before I do some drops and pick ups for my playoff run.

Thanks,

Obi

My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Heat check for a few guys.

Pollard has run into some bad luck/matchups. I think he will be fine moving forward.

With Brackett and Session both out, Angerer has been an every-down linebacker. With little competition for tackles, he's been really racking up the points. Even when Brackett comes back, Angerer has a good chance to play in the nickel.

I think having Asante Samuel out last week, hurt Patterson's value as Cutler threw at Samuel's replacement as opposed to Patterson. I see his value is being pretty equal if not slightly better than Godfrey's still.

Weatherspoon had been out for awhile. It takes time to recover from his type of injury. I wouldn't trust him as a starter until he shows us something.

I've watched most of the games that Levy has been in and I have mixed emotions. He's looked good in certains situations and average in others. I would consider him a LB3 at this point.
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
|

Good stuff.  Thanks.

I missed your take on Gerald McCoy, though.  I can't even remember why I picked him up 2 weeks ago - but I did.  And 2 weeks ago he had a Sack, 2 Atk, PDef & 1 Tk and this past week 2 Sacks and 3 Tk.  Thoughts for the rest of this season?  Should he be a keeper for me at the end of this year as well?

Hope the move is going well and the new job also.  I'll be in the same boat shortly back to the East Coast. :)

My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

McCoy is going to be solid and has the potential to be a dominant DT (like Suh). I just don't completely trust him yet.