Hawkeye special question!! (and Levy)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hawkeye special question!! (and Levy)

Hey, I know you love the Hawkeyes.  And after you brought him up a few weeks ago I added Angerer to my Scout Team and it seems he got the start this last week as well, huh?

Did you get to see him?  I read he filled in on the strong side.  How'd he look?  Think he earned more playing time or is he just going to fill in for injuries for the rest of this season?

Also, wanted to ask about Levy.  He's on my bench but it seems his first week back wasn't productive.  Lack of playing time because they were working him in slowly?  Or did he just not look good last week?

I'm looking at picking up Diles from my WW.  Depending on how Dave answers in my other post I might pick him up and drop Levy or Dansby.  Your thoughts?  I'm talking for rest of the season - not for this next week's matchup.

Thanks,

Obi
My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hawkeye special question!! (and Levy)

He played pretty well. Made some rookie mistakes, but he's a quick learner. The Colts organization really likes him and that's why he got the start. Session's contract is up after this year and Angerer could very well end up starting on the weak side. This would be a great fantasy position for him.

Levy was a victim of poor tackle opportunity. He played decently and has a solid matchup against the run-heavy Jets this week to get the ball rollin'.

I think Diles is a safer play the rest of the season but Levy's upside is more. If you have a lead, go with Diles. If you are playing catchup, go with Levy.
Obiwan Kenblomi Obiwan Kenblomi
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hawkeye special question!! (and Levy)

Well, my pick ups are tonight.  I'm targeting Angerer in my draft next year or maybe as a keeper at the end of this year.  I like the kid, especially since you mention he may get the start next year.

As for Levy:  I like the upside.  I'm 7-1 and am going to sit pat with him.  I know you said grab Diles if I have a lead - but I have Dansby, Bishop (who I'm crossing my fingers with), Weatherspoon (get healthy!) and Levy.  Each of the 16 teams in my league has 2 starting LBs and usually 1 or 2 on the bench so it's pretty thin for everybody.  I'm going to keep Dansby, roll the dice that Bishop will keep up production or Weatherspoon will get healthy and I'll hang on to Levy and hope he explodes.

I used to kind of like Levy, but after reading your site the last few months you've coverted me to a Levy lover!

That sounded gay.

Oh, one more thing:  I know this is a D site, but I traded a few picks next year and picked up Larry Fitz.  I bought low banking that he CAN'T get any worse (did well last week) and if the QB situation settles down he's a top WR - This 2nd half of the year and future years.  A good gamble I believe.  I also picked up LeGarrett Blount 5 weeks ago (when everyone was saying "Who?!?") and now that bench space has paid off.  So basically my offense is so strong now that I can gamble a bit on D to shore up my LBs and DBs for the playoff run.

Anway, good luck in your leagues this week.  See you next week!
My IDP scoring system: 16 team Keeper League:  TK-1pt, ATK-1, Sack-3, Int-3, FF & FR-3, PD-1.  Multiple bonus thresholds for high TK and ATK each, Sacks, INT Yds and FR Yds.