G Toler

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Joshua Joshua
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

G Toler

Would you recommend to sit him this week just in case he could be benched whole game? I would not drop him, but would you rather start Dimitri Patterson over Toler this week?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: G Toler

I would start Patterson over Toler this week just in case Toler gets benched.
Jason Jason
Reply | Threaded
|

G Toler has finally gets a Q mark a few hours ago. Do you think it is due to his health issue or team's decision to bench him? If Ari decides to bench him, is he droppable? Who would get a bump among Ari CBs if that's the case?
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

He's listed as questionable because of a foot injury. If he gets sent to the bench, he's droppable in shallower leagues but I wouldn't rush to drop him in deeper leagues as he will likely get another shot at the starting job since there isn't really any real competition for the job. Mike Adams would likely get the starting spot in Toler's place. Not much value to be had there though.
Joshua Joshua
Reply | Threaded
|

Based on your suggestion, now I am trying to pick up Patterson and sit Toler this week. I do not have any bench IDP players, so I need to drop one of the offensive players. I have following three choices.

1) Drop either S Smith (Car) or Goodson (Car) for Patterson: Car has no other offensive option than these two players. This is a keeper league. S Smith is more valuable and talented player than Goodson, but my team is very thin at RB position. Departure of D Williams and injury history of Stewart makes Goodson to be an interesting keeper candidate next year. On the other hand,  rest of Car schedule is very good for WR, but horrible for RB though.  S Smith may all of sudden breaks out (just like Bowe after horrible start. I dropped Bowe earlier) after the QB change.

2) Drop Toler for Patterson: As you mentioned, there is no real competition and Toler may get another start/ stay as starter. So, I may drop him in a week or two depending on the situation, and not this week. But, if you envision that Patterson will be a break out CB from now on, I may do it.

3) Stay put and start Toler: If you think S Smith and Goodson are still too valuable in keeper league to exchange with Patterson. Wait and see how Toler and Patterson do it this week and make a move next week, but it may be too late as my team is at the bottom of waiver wire order.

I will follow your recommendation. Thanks,
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

I think that the chances for negative implications are higher if you pickup Patterson at the expense of either Toler, Goodson, or Smith. You are best off to stick with Toler as I think he starts this week and should be fine.
Jason Jason
Reply | Threaded
|

Is Toler droppable now considering that he has played poorly (not for fantasy purpose though) and has a foot problem? I do not have much bench space for playoff push. My other CBs are Greene and Patterson (Hobbs out for the season).
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

If your tight for room, it wouldn't be the end of the world to drop Toler.