Eric Weddle

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Anon Anon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Eric Weddle

Eric Weddle did not put up great IDP numbers Monday night (or even good).  I drafted him as a top tier DB, but those numbers concern me going forward.  What do you expect out of Weddle this year? There appear to be some interesting players available on the waiver wire (I've already picked up Chung), but none with the tackle history and reputation of a Weddle.  Any thoughts on his production and keeping/dropping him for this season?  Has something changed in SD or should he get back to his old self?

Thanks.
Anon.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Eric Weddle

Weddle should be fine. He's one of the more talented safeties in the NFL and the Chargers use him in a way that is beneficial to his overall fantasy production. The main problem last night was the Chiefs inability to move the football on offense. They really didn't have any long, sustained drives and consequently Weddle didn't have a lot of tackle opportunities. Even though Weddle may not turn out to be the superstar fantasy option he was in 2008, he's still should be a very serviceable fantasy DB. Weddle has too much talent and previous fantasy success to drop this early in the season. Give him another week or so and if he still is disappointing, drop him at that point.