Eric Barton

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Anon Anon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Eric Barton

With D'Qwell Jackson out now, how do you feel about Eric Barton going forward?  It looks like he has a good matchup this week in the Bengals and could be a nice pickup for the rest of the year also, but there seem to be questions about how consistently Cleveland is going to use it LBs. Of course, to pick him up means I have to drop someone else like Levy or Consindine (who are both hurt).  I am tempted but am concerned with the uncertainty with future playing time.

At the very least, I need a bye week fill in and am trying to choose between Barton, Diles, and McClain.  Any thoughts on that?

Anon Anon
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Eric Barton

Scratch the earlier question.  I just ready your week 4 waiver wire post from this week and that pretty much answered the question.  Thanks. I dropped Consindine and picked up Barton.

Now, I have to decide which 5 to start this week from the following:

Karlos Dansby
Jerod Mayo
Patrick Chung
Paris Lenon
Zac Diles
Eric Barton
Rolondo McClain.

Scoring, 1pt tackle, .5 assist, 2 Int, 3 sack. What do you think?          

theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Barton could be a very nice pick up. The only concern to me was that he wasn't playing every snap. Diles is likely a safer play this week, but I really like Barton's upside against the Bengals.

I'd start:

Dansby
Mayo
Chung
Diles
McClain

If you're feeling a bit risky, go with Barton over McClain.
Anon Anon
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Anon
You seemed pretty high on Lenon in one of your articles this week.  Is his omission from your recommendation more to do with the upside of the other players or some change/concern with Lenon? He appears to be listed as questionable on the injury report, but reports say that he should play.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

It's more so I'm just higher on a few other linebackers this week. I still like Lenon as a viable fantasy starter.