Dynasty LB Help - Who to keep?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Cfoudray Cfoudray
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dynasty LB Help - Who to keep?

So I am over two LBs on my roster now, any advice on which 5 to keep?

My LBs:
L. Timmons
L. Woodley
D. Bishop
J. Chaney
D. Ryans
P. Posluszny
M. Williams

theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dynasty LB Help - Who to keep?

Assuming M. Williams is Mario Williams, I would keep the following five players:

1) Timmons
2) Woodley
3) Ryans
4) Bishop
5) Posluszny

Hope this helps.
Josh L Josh L
Reply | Threaded
|

I'd agree with everyone except Woodley.  He depends so much on sacks so it will depend on how heavily the scoring is weighted towards this.  In my league last year Woodley was the 44th ranked LB ... not exactly great.

What about Chaney?  I really don't know that much about him other than it looks like he might man the middle in Philli.  I'll agree that he's less proven than Woodley, but maybe has higher upside.  Anyone new stepping into a middle line backer posistion has potential to become a top 20 LB.  I just find so few sack artists that are worth gambling on unless they're DE eligible. James Harrison might be the exception, but even that's because he also posts 100 tackles, some P Defs and lots of turn overs.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Hey Josh:

In a big-play scoring system, I would rather have Woodley than Chaney. In a balanced or tackle-heavy league, I would feel more comfortable with Chaney. I think his value may be a bit inflated heading into this season however. He does have the potential to be a top 20 linebacker, but he also has the potential to head back to the bench. I'd feel good about drafting him as my LB3.