Dbacks

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
hipopotamus hipopotamus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dbacks

We play 2 d-backs a week and I have Pollard and Goldson starting.  Pollard will be a staple but Goldson seems to be picking up what little tackles he gets late in the games.  I haven't had a chance to watch SF play and was wondering if you noticed some kind of dip in his play or maybe he has somehow bumped to rotational starts.  Or maybe his cover skills are in question to leave him out on passing downs?  Not being able to watch might just have me anxious.  Q. Mikell on bench and I might take your advice this week on James Butler from the waiver wire. Also Available is Gregory.  
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dbacks

Goldson is on track from what he was doing last season. He's not a top-level tackle DB. He had 95 total tackles in 2009 (about 6 a game). He's valuable because on top of his decent tackle numbers he threw in 4 INTs and 3 sacks. Since he relies on big plays for a good portion of his points, he won't be as consistent as a Tyvon Branch or Yeremiah Bell from week to week. But in the end, it will more than likely even out and Goldson will finish where he's suppose to. I'd ride him out.
hipopotamus hipopotamus
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dbacks

I might just be anxious.  Thanks for talking me down.