DL Questions + Props 2 Guru

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
WannabeGuru WannabeGuru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

DL Questions + Props 2 Guru

I've got a couple DL questions, but I first want to give props to the guru.  

The Michael Huff and Desmond Bishop recommendations were money.  I recommended them to a friend and they scored 13 and 17 points respectively.  

In my IDP league, we carry 4 and start 2 LB, DB, and DL.  This is only my second season in IDP, so I leaned heavily on your advice early on.  I wound up drafting Lofton, Poz, and Hayes and picked up Timmons off waivers.  At DB I grabbed Chung, Atogwe, and Finnegan and snagged T.J. Ward off waivers.  These guys are a big part of the reason I'm 6-0 and have the most points scored.  

I was off to a good start at DL with Mathis and Kiwanuka, but with Kiwi out I'm left with Styles White and Shaughnessy whom I grabbed off waivers as my 2 and 3.  It sounds like Kiwi might be back this week, but if not what do you think about rolling with Shaughnasty the rest of the way?  Shoud I look to drop Stylez at this point?  John Abraham is available, but we're fairly tackle heavy with only 3 pts being awarded for sacks, so I'm not sure just how valuable he might be in this format.  Do you think guys like Ahtyba Rubin and Sione Pouha will ever start getting sacks?  They seem to racking up around 4-5 tackles a game, so if they got something going in the sack department I would think they'd be worth owning.

As always, thanks in advance.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DL Questions + Props 2 Guru

Thanks for the props WannabeGuru. They are much appreciated.

I like Shaughnessy's value as a DL2 if T. Scott remains at WLB. If Scott moves back into the RDE position, "Shag Nasty" becomes more of a DL3-type fantasy player in my opinion. Rubin or Pouha aren't going to hurt you, but they aren't going to help you much either. Your lead in the league is probably going to determine your philosophy from hear forward. Since you are 6-0, I would probably get more conservative and just go with a tackle lineman like the two mentioned above. However, Shaughnessy is still the guy to stick with until further notice.