Beason

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Mous Mous
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Beason

I am in a redraft league and probably won't use a high enough pick to grab Beason.  However, I am interested is the effect that his surgery will have not only on him, but the other linebackers on his team.  The news is that Beason should be fine for week 1, but there seems to be some doubts about this.  For this reason, I am moving him down a few slot in my rankings.  

I was already interested in Thomas Davis this year as a distant sleeper, but am now particularly interested in how Beason's possible absence may improve his opportunity and stats.  I understand that Dan Connor may start in Beasons place if Beason misses any time and that this may be a short term play.

How do you see this situation playing out?  I am in a 12 team league and we start 5 IDPs, without regard for their position.  Thus, with most obvious quality LBs and DBs already being identified by our teams, we have to look pretty deep for IDP talent.

Many Thanks.
Mous.
theidpguru theidpguru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Beason

If Beason misses time, Conner will slide into the middle as a two-down linebacker. Anderson becomes an every-down linebacker and gets a big bump is value. Conner would be a LB3/4 matchup type play. Davis' value would remain about the same.